Mailing List Archive

Release announcement for perl 5.39.10
The value of things is not the time they last, but the intensity
with which they occur. That is why there are unforgettable moments
and unique people!
-- Fernando Pessoa

We are jubilant to announce version 5.39.10, the 10th
development release of version 5.39 of Perl.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.39.10 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/PEVANS/perl-5.39.10/

SHA256 digests for this release are:

4b7ffb3e068583fa5c8413390c998b2c15214f205ce737acc485b40932b9f419 perl-5.39.10.tar.gz
dee50e4dd90e3b8d5695073718f37fe01b25ff0cba11cc1447e31a0d09934aef perl-5.39.10.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/release/PEVANS/perl-5.39.10/view/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.39.10 represents approximately 5 weeks of development since Perl
5.39.9 and contains approximately 7,000 lines of changes across 380
files from 15 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 4,300 lines of changes to 320 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.39.10:

Bernard Quatermass, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, David
Mitchell, Elvin Aslanov, Graham Knop, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan,
Karl Williamson, Lukas Mai, Paul Evans, TAKAI Kousuke, Tomasz
Konojacki, Tony Cook, Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.40.0, the next major stable release, on
or around 2024-May-20.

Thanks,

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd@leonerd.org.uk | https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/ | https://www.tindie.com/stores/leonerd/
Re: Release announcement for perl 5.39.10 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Paul

We expect to release version 5.40.0, the next major stable release, on or
> around 2024-May-20.

Hooray! ????