Qualcomm, Incorporated
QCT Engineering Compute
858-651-6592
RE: fpolicy overhead [ In reply to ]
With just the reporting pieces, should be not much impact if any. Are you refering to storage m & a, or reporting on quota management?

We ran into a rather "nasty" bug that panic'ed both filers around a year ago (yeah, it was bad); and I have never had that happen before. These were the bugs:
390540,390540 and my case was 2002040059.

Make sure the DOT you are running has these.. Not fun. I have been running without incident for ~ 6 months now.

I am running NTP on one of my filers with ~ 6000 users connected to a FAS6080. I am not blocking files (manager is still trying to get the ok to block users). One thing to watch for in your messages file is RPC disconnect/reconnect via your fpolicy NTP server. This is the precursor to a "panic". I have the ntp scanner on the same vlan as the filer. NTP insisted on this.

I have not seen any impact once I have had the patches applied. I had to make some CIF options modifications after the DOT upgrades. I can share those if you want them. Users were unable to access some of the cifs.. Never thought there were some many parameters you could change for cifs..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve Klise

Storage Engineer, NCDA

PALO ALTO MEDICAL FOUNDATION

SUTTER HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICES

PENINSULA COASTAL REGION

Office: 408-523-3163 · Fax: 408-328-1406

e-mail: klises@sutterhealth.org<mailto:abouelj@sutterhealth.org>