Mailing List Archive

Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing
Yesterday evening we had a hardware failure with one of our subscribers,
this particular sub has all of our remote sites registered to it, it was
down for about 5 hours and in the mean time we had all phones working
off another subscriber, once we had the subscriber back up and running,
all appeared to be fine. But we now have an issue with call park, each
site has call park numbers associated to each call manager and if they
park a call they get a call park number but this does not appear on the
display for a few seconds and they are unable to retrieve that call by
dialling the park number they get the call can not be completed prompt.
Any one come across this before?

The information contained in this e-mail is strictly confidential, some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
Access to this e-mail by any other person is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, printing, distribution of,
replying to or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this
e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender immediately
should this e-mail have been incorrectly addressed or transmitted.

You accept that any instructions are deemed to have been given at the time the
recipient(s) accesses them and that delivery receipt does not constitute
acknowledgement or receipt by the intended recipient(s). You accept that there
may be a delay in processing the instructions received from e-mails after
Charles Stanley has received them. You are advised that urgent, time sensitive
and confidential communications should not be sent by e-mail.

You acknowledge that e-mails are not secure and you accept the risk of
malfunction, viruses, unauthorised interference, mis-delivery or delay.

Charles Stanley & Co. Ltd
Registered Office: 25 Luke Street London EC2A 4AR

Tel: 0207 739 8200 Fax: 0207 739 7798
Registered in England No. 1903304

Charles Stanley Sutherlands and Tozer Wingate are divisions of Charles Stanley & Co. Ltd

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority, Member of the
London Stock Exchange, International Securities Markets Association, and The London International Financial Futures &
Options Exchange.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by McAfee
VirusScan and SurfControl Email Filter software.
Re: Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing [ In reply to ]
Call Park numbers are per server and the server that is used is the
server that the call originated on. So in the case:

PSTN--(PRI)--MGCPGw--(MGCP)--CM1--(SDL)--CM2--IPPhone

When the IPPhone presses PARK, a park number from the CM1 block of
park numbers is allocated.

When your ipphones re-registered back to CM2, did your MGCP gateway
rehome back to CM2 as well?

/Wes

***********************

************************

Re: Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing [ In reply to ]
James,

H323 is a bit of a special case. It is a peer to peer protocol and
does not include any registration process unless you're using a
gatekeeper.

For h323 the call park number would be selected from the node that
received the h225 SETUP message from the h323 gateway. place an
inbound call, telnet to the gateway and look at 'sh call active
voice' and check the call signal address. this will tell you which
CM is processing the call. make sure the dial-peers have the
appropriate preference statements and very connectivity to port 1720
of the callmanager server (telnet from router to CM ip at port 1720.
you will be should be disconnected pretty quickly as you're not
presenting valid h225 data, but should be adequate to verify TCP:1720
connectivity to your 1st preference CM server.

just to clarify - if 1 party calls another party at that remote site
directly (internal 4/6/7 digit dial) and parks the call, does the
call park correctly and in the range that you expect?

/Wes

We have still got a branch office that has this issue, I have reset
the H323 gateway as you stated but when a call is parked in the
office it either picks the 1st call park number from the subscriber
the phone is subscribed to or the 1st park number configured for the
branch on the publisher?

Any further ideas?

Rgds.

James

RE: Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing [ In reply to ]
I was reading about Call Park setup yesterday and have one agency that
wants to use it. Please verify this is the correct design since Call
Park DN's are "per server".

Call Mgr 1 - DNs 40X - Partition 1 - 10 Call park numbers

Call Mgr 2 - DNs 41X - Partition 1 - 10 backup call park numbers if
main Call Mgr 1 fails

Carlos

RE: Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing [ In reply to ]
Carlos

That's exactly how we have it set up.

Nick

RE: Call Park Issue due to subscriber failing [ In reply to ]
Are you still having a problem with it?