"error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
make: *** [build] Error 1"

Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction or what could be causing the problem. Thanks.

Re: Installation Problem(gcc error) [ In reply to ]
--On Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2005 6:51 Uhr -0500 ray_lawlor@excite.com wrote:

> Hi I am installing Zope 2.7.4-0. I have installed Python 2.3.4
> successfully.
>
> When i run "./configure --prefix=/..." it finds the optimum version of
> python and writes the make file. When i then then try to run "make" it
> gives errors in AccessControl/cAccessControl.c/.... and then exits with
> the message

Provide the *full* error messages otherwise your posting is pretty much
worthless.

-aj
Re: Installation Problem(gcc error) [ In reply to ]
Sorry about that, Here are the errors

AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: error: syntax error before "if"
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: warnig: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: warning :data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: error: confliction tyoes for 'AcquisitionCAPI'
/home/user1/Zope-2.7.4-0/lib/Components/ExtentionClass/src/Acquisition.h:44: error: previous definition of 'AcquisitionCAPI' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: error: initializer element is not constant
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: warnig: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2272: error: syntax error before '}' token
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2275: error: initializer element is not constant
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2275: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2277: error: syntax error before string constant
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2278: warning: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2295: error: conflicting types for 'imPermissionRoleObj'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:659: error: previous definition of 'imPermissionRoleObj' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2296: error: initializer element is not constant
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2296: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2298: error: conflicting types for 'aq_validate'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:674: error: previous definition of 'aq_validate' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2298: error: initializer element is not constant
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2298: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2303: error: syntax error before "if"
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2306: warning: parameter names (without types) in function decloration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2306: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2268: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2312: error: syntax error before "if"
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2314: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2314: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2315: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2315: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2315: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2320: error: syntax error before "if"
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2322: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2322: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2323: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2315: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2323: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2323: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2323: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2328: error: syntax error before "if"
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2331: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2331: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2332: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2323: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2332: error: redefinition of 'module'
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2307: error: previous definition of 'module' was here
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2332: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2332: warning: data defination has no type or storage class
AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2333: error: syntax error before '}' token
make: *** [build] Error 1

Re: Installation Problem(gcc error) [ In reply to ]
ray_lawlor@excite.com wrote:

I suspect that you have a damaged header file in there somewhere. You
might try a couple of things:

- Please verify the MD5 checksum on the Zope-2.7.4-0,tgz tarball
against the Zope.org product page,
http://zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.4/

- Please unpack the tarball into a temporary location and try
re-running the configure and make, passing an explicit
'--with-python' to the Python 2.3.4 installation.

- If that fails, you could try building your own Python (a good
idea, anyway), and configuring Zope with it.

- If things are still broken, please report OS and gcc versions.

Tres.