Mailing List Archive

xen vcpus=2 do not work
I set vcpus = 2 in the config file, but it do not work. Here is my config file
name = "wnshw"
uuid = "4c100190-d621-2b1f-ddbc-dd2e8b186a2d"
maxmem = 1024
memory = 1024
vcpus = 2
builder = "hvm"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
boot = "c"
pae = 1
acpi = 1
apic = 1
localtime = 1
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "restart"
device_model = "/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
sdl = 0
vnc = 1
vncunused = 1
keymap = "en-us"
disk = [ "phy:/dev/mapper/vgsdb-wnshw_xvda,xvda,w", "phy:/dev/mapper/vgsdb-wnshw_xvdd,xvdd,w" ]
vif = [ "mac=00:16:3e:b3:e2:4e,bridge=xenbr0,ip=192.168.1.1,type=netfront,script=vif-bridge,vifname=wnshw.0" ]
parallel = "none"
serial = "pty"

Here is the output of xm list:
wnshw 746 1032 1 -b---- 352.1

Here is the output of xm vcpu-list wnshw:
Name ID VCPUs CPU State Time(s) CPU Affinity
wnshw 746 0 1 -b- 369.0 any cpu
wnshw 746 1 - --p 0.0 any cpu
I don't know why the state of vpcu 1 is p. How to let the domain use two cpus?
My xen version is 3.1.
Any one can help me?
Thanks a lot!
Re: xen vcpus=2 do not work [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:21 AM, 彭玉剑 <pengyujian5201314@126.com> wrote:
> Here is the output of xm vcpu-list wnshw:
> Name ID VCPUs CPU State Time(s) CPU
> Affinity
> wnshw 746 0 1 -b- 369.0 any cpu
> wnshw 746 1 - --p 0.0 any cpu
> I don't know why the state of vpcu 1 is p. How to let the domain use two
> cpus?

What guest operating system are you running? One reason it might be
paused is that the operating system hasn't brought up the CPU yet for
some reason. You're not, perhaps, running a Windows installer when
you do the "xm vcpu-list", are you?

> My xen version is 3.1.
> Any one can help me?

Why are you using 3.1? It's incredibly ancient now (over 5 years
old); if there is a bug, I don't think anyone would be interested in
trying to fix it at this point.

-George

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users@lists.xen.org
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users
Re: xen vcpus=2 do not work [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your reply!
I'll try xen4.1.2!





ÔÚ 2012-07-26 22:26:32£¬"George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@eu.citrix.com> дµÀ£º
>On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:21 AM, ÅíÓñ½£ <pengyujian5201314@126.com> wrote:
>> Here is the output of xm vcpu-list wnshw:
>> Name ID VCPUs CPU State Time(s) CPU
>> Affinity
>> wnshw 746 0 1 -b- 369.0 any cpu
>> wnshw 746 1 - --p 0.0 any cpu
>> I don't know why the state of vpcu 1 is p. How to let the domain use two
>> cpus?
>
>What guest operating system are you running? One reason it might be
>paused is that the operating system hasn't brought up the CPU yet for
>some reason. You're not, perhaps, running a Windows installer when
>you do the "xm vcpu-list", are you?
>
>> My xen version is 3.1.
>> Any one can help me?
>
>Why are you using 3.1? It's incredibly ancient now (over 5 years
>old); if there is a bug, I don't think anyone would be interested in
>trying to fix it at this point.
>
> -George
>
>_______________________________________________
>Xen-users mailing list
>Xen-users@lists.xen.org
>http://lists.xen.org/xen-users