and am using the xl tool stack.

Best regards

Sandi
Re: LSI SAS 2008 controller in a pv domu [ In reply to ]

> lf you do lspci do you see the device in domu? Did you enable DMA access ?

No, I don't see it. That is what makes me think that it is not being loaded
when the vm boots.

Where should I be enabling DMA access? In the kernel, or elsewhere?

I am not a very experienced linux user.

Regards

Sandi
Re: LSI SAS 2008 controller in a pv domu [ In reply to ]
Did you edit menu.lst you need to block PCI device from dom0 and blacklist
module for card

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------

Re: LSI SAS 2008 controller in a pv domu [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:34 AM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt@gmail.com>wrote:

> Did you edit menu.lst you need to block PCI device from dom0 and blacklist
> module for card
>
> I have the LSI device (05:00.0 in my case) "hidden" from the dom0 system,
this is my configuration for GRUB:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nomodeset xen-pciback.passthrough=1
xen-pciback.permissive xen-pciback.hide=(03:00.0)(03:00.1)(85:04.0)*
(05:00.0)* 'pci=resource_alignment=03:00.0;03:00.1;85:04.0;05:00.0'"

I confirm that pciback has the device:

# xl pci-list-assignable-devices
0000:03:00.0
0000:03:00.1
*0000:05:00.0*
0000:85:04.0

But when I check lspci in dom0:

# lspci |grep 05:00.0
05:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008
PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

I have tried to blacklist the mptsas module form the kernel, and I can not
remove it, it just keeps on getting loaded...
I have added a blacklist file for mptsas in /etc/modprob.d/ and updated
initramfs, but it does not help.

I even recompiled the kernel WITHOUT mptsas driver support..... it still
loads mptsas at boot...

Do I need to disable the LSI controller in the BIOS to get it properly
blackisted?

Sandi