Version: 1.7
Filename of PDF document attachment: Building and Installing Xen 4.x and
Linux Kernel 3.x on Ubuntu and Debian Linux - Version 1.7 - REDUCED.pdf

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore
Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Dear Xen users,

Article #2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit
English HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen
4.2-unstable Changesets 25070/25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu
11.10 oneiric ocelot amd64 Final Release Dom0
Version: 1.7
Filename of PDF document attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version 1.7.pdf

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Am 29.03.2012 16:11, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
> Dear Xen users,
>
> Article #2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit
> English HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen
> 4.2-unstable Changesets 25070/25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu
> 11.10 oneiric ocelot amd64 Final Release Dom0
> Version: 1.7
> Filename of PDF document attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version
> 1.7.pdf

I think everyone appreciates your effort to write a documentation, but
in my humble oppinion it would be MUCH better
if you would write a wiki entry than sending every two days two more
pdf files that some users cant open ...

just my two cents ...

--
Adiumentum GmbH
Gf. Martin Wolf

0911 / 9601470
mwolf@adiumentum.com
Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Martin Wolf <mwolf@adiumentum.com> wrote:
> Am 29.03.2012 16:11, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
>
> Dear Xen users,
>
> Article #2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit English
> HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen 4.2-unstable
> Changesets 25070/25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric ocelot
> amd64 Final Release Dom0
> Version: 1.7
> Filename of PDF document attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version 1.7.pdf

> I think everyone appreciates your effort to write a documentation, but in my
> humble oppinion it would be MUCH better
>  if you would  write a wiki entry than sending every two days two more pdf
> files that some users cant open ...
>
> just my two cents ...

He has been asked todo it on a Wiki a few times already.......

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532
Fax: 086 268 8492

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2012 22:16, Martin Wolf wrote:
> Am 29.03.2012 16:11, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
>> Dear Xen users,
>>
>> Article #2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit
>> English HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen
>> 4.2-unstable Changesets 25070/25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu
>> 11.10 oneiric ocelot amd64 Final Release Dom0
>> Version: 1.7
>> Filename of PDF document attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version
>> 1.7.pdf

> I think everyone appreciates your effort to write a documentation, but
> in my humble oppinion it would be MUCH better
> if you would write a wiki entry than sending every two days two more
> pdf files that some users cant open ...
>
> just my two cents ...
>
> --
> Adiumentum GmbH
> Gf. Martin Wolf
> Banderbacherstraße 76
> 90513 Zirndorf
>
> 0911 / 9601470
> mwolf@adiumentum.com

Dear Martin Wolf,

Are you able to open and read both of my PDF files?

Anyway, somebody messed up my created Xen wiki page. Look here:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_VGA_Passthrough_to_Windows_8_Consumer_Preview_64-bit_English_HVM_domU_and_Windows_XP_Home_Edition_SP3_HVM_domU_with_Xen_4.2-unstable_Changeset_25070_and_Linux_Kernel_3.3.0_in_Ubuntu_11.10_oneiric_ocelot_amd64_Final_Release_Dom0

My Xen Wiki page is messed up. That's why I do not like creating Wiki
pages. Everybody can edit and mess it up.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore
Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Hello Martin, Teo,

I do concur with Martin to an extent. To the less-experienced user,
information on the wiki will most definitely have the highest
visibility for all.

That said, so long as Teo is going to write this kind of stuff up, it
may be worth including as a "case study" or "proof of concept," linked
at the bottom of the relevant pages.

I know that managing documentation can itself be a full time
commitment in itself, but in the absence of a full "wiki-fication" of
these guides, they're still quite valuable to the individuals who will
be using the wiki as a source of information anyway.

As always, just my two cents. ;)

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Am 29.03.2012 16:31, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
> My Xen Wiki page is messed up. That's why I do not like creating
> Wiki
> pages. Everybody can edit and mess it up.

Ahem. Someone tried to be helpful to others and posted (or, rather,
pasted) the contents of your pdf to the Wiki page.

--
--- Heiko.

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2012 22:28, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Martin Wolf<mwolf@adiumentum.com> wrote:
>> Am 29.03.2012 16:11, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
>>
>> Dear Xen users,
>>
>> Article #2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit English
>> HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen 4.2-unstable
>> Changesets 25070/25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric ocelot
>> amd64 Final Release Dom0
>> Version: 1.7
>> Filename of PDF document attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version 1.7.pdf

>> I think everyone appreciates your effort to write a documentation, but in my
>> humble oppinion it would be MUCH better
>> if you would write a wiki entry than sending every two days two more pdf
>> files that some users cant open ...
>>
>> just my two cents ...
>>

> He has been asked todo it on a Wiki a few times already.......

Dear Rudi,

Here are my ONLY THREE Xen Wiki pages, which I have created recently and
edited by Xen.org administrator Lars Kurth:

(1)
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Video:_Xen_VGA_Passthrough_to_Windows_8_and_Ubuntu_11.10_with_Xen_4.2_and_Kernel_3.3
(2)
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Building_and_Installing_Xen_4.x_and_Linux_Kernel_3.x_on_Ubuntu_and_Debian_Linux
(3)
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_VGA_Passthrough_to_Windows_8_Consumer_Preview_64-bit_English_HVM_domU_and_Windows_XP_Home_Edition_SP3_HVM_domU_with_Xen_4.2-unstable_Changeset_25070_and_Linux_Kernel_3.3.0_in_Ubuntu_11.10_oneiric_ocelot_amd64_Final_Release_Dom0

But somebody edited and messed up my 3rd Xen wiki page. That's why I
don't like creating Xen wiki pages. Anybody can edit and mess it up.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Dear Andrew,

Somebody edited and messed up one of my Xen wiki pages. I will try to request Lars Kurth to see if he can make my Xen wiki pages read-only.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2012 22:41, Heiko Wundram wrote:
> Am 29.03.2012 16:31, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
>> My Xen Wiki page is messed up. That's why I do not like creating Wiki
>> pages. Everybody can edit and mess it up.
>
> Ahem. Someone tried to be helpful to others and posted (or, rather,
> pasted) the contents of your pdf to the Wiki page.

But he/she pasted the contents of my PDF document to the Xen Wiki page
without proper formatting and everything looks very messed up. So it is
not helpful at all.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
If you're going to expend the time and effort to write the guides
anyway, AND having such an arrangement is amenable to all the parties
involved, I think that's an excellent idea!

I have, also, appreciated the YouTube videos you made... even though
they're a little long, and rather quiet ;)

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for appreciating my time and effort spent on writing the Xen guides and my Youtube videos.

Thank you very much once again.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
That looks ugly: two options
a) revert the change
b) have a go and try
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Importing_documents_into_the_Wiki - this
doesn't work with PDF's though as there is no easy way to convert PDF's
into mediawiki via LibreOffice Writer.

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2012 23:42, Lars Kurth wrote:
> That looks ugly: two options
> a) revert the change
> b) have a go and try
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Importing_documents_into_the_Wiki - this
> doesn't work with PDF's though as there is no easy way to convert
> PDF's into mediawiki via LibreOffice Writer.
>
> On 29/03/2012 15:49, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
>>>
>>> Ahem. Someone tried to be helpful to others and posted (or, rather,
>>> pasted) the contents of your pdf to the Wiki page.
>>>

>> But he/she pasted the contents of my PDF document to the Xen Wiki
>> page without proper formatting and everything looks very messed up.
>> So it is not helpful at all.
>>
>> Thank you very much.

Dear Lars,

I will roll back the changes later.

I created my PDF document with LibreOffice Writer, so I don't understand
what you are talking about.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2012 17:02, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> On 29/03/2012 23:42, Lars Kurth wrote:
>> That looks ugly: two options
>> a) revert the change
>> b) have a go and try
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Importing_documents_into_the_Wiki - this
>> doesn't work with PDF's though as there is no easy way to convert
>> PDF's into mediawiki via LibreOffice Writer.

>>> But he/she pasted the contents of my PDF document to the Xen Wiki
>>> page without proper formatting and everything looks very messed up.
>>> So it is not helpful at all.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>

> Dear Lars,
>
> I will roll back the changes later.
>
> I created my PDF document with LibreOffice Writer, so I don't
> understand what you are talking about.
>
> Thank you very much.

That is great: LibreOffice Writer actually allows to export mediawiki
markup. So you could just go to File > Export, select MediWiki as output
format and paste the content into the Wiki. Works OK as long as the
formatting is not too complex

Lars

Re: Teo En Ming's Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen 4.2-unstable VGA Passthrough Documentation (Version 1.7 Released) [ In reply to ]
On 30/03/2012 00:07, Lars Kurth wrote:
> On 29/03/2012 17:02, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
>> On 29/03/2012 23:42, Lars Kurth wrote:
>>> That looks ugly: two options
>>> a) revert the change
>>> b) have a go and try
>>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Importing_documents_into_the_Wiki - this
>>> doesn't work with PDF's though as there is no easy way to convert
>>> PDF's into mediawiki via LibreOffice Writer.

>> Dear Lars,
>>
>> I will roll back the changes later.
>>
>> I created my PDF document with LibreOffice Writer, so I don't
>> understand what you are talking about.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
> That is great: LibreOffice Writer actually allows to export mediawiki
> markup. So you could just go to File > Export, select MediWiki as
> output format and paste the content into the Wiki. Works OK as long as
> the formatting is not too complex
>
> Lars

Dear Lars,

I have checked my own LibreOffice Writer. It only supports exporting to
HTML and PDF file formats. There is no option to export your document to
MediaWiki as output format. Maybe I need to upgrade my LibreOffice or
install some add-on package?

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,