Mailing List Archive

Guests need Vlans: still no luck
Does anybody know the answer to this previous post? I haven't had any luck yet.

Sorry, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I have searched for this
answer and just haven't looked in the right place, I guess.

My system crashed last week, so I'm building from scratch again. I had
XCP 1.0 beta on the system that crashed and was waiting for the final
before setting up all 3 servers since I have to have VLANs on the guests
themselves and as I understood it, it wasn't in 1.0 beta. I'm trying to
build a Rural WISP, so I got busy and forgot to watch for the final.

Anyway, now I'm running the latest 1.5 and still can't get vlans working
or find anything on how to do it.

Can anybody point me to the docs on this, or explain it, whichever is
easier for you?

Thanks

Re: Guests need Vlans: still no luck [ In reply to ]
A quick google got me these two links
1) http://ronnybull.com/2011/08/03/xen-cloud-platform-xcp-setting-up-a-vlan/
2)
http://ronnybull.com/2011/08/03/xen-cloud-platform-xcp-assigning-a-vlan-an-ip-address/

Not sure whether it'll work for XCP 1.5, but this appears to have worked
for 1.0 & 1.1
If it doesn't work now, maybe a bug?

Lars

Re: Guests need Vlans: still no luck [ In reply to ]
I thought you might be one of the devs, sorry.

Thanks for the link, but that's the normal method on the host. I need to
know how to allow vlan tagged frames from the guests.