(XEN) including its communication protocol.

Thanks & regards,
Isha

Re: Architecture of XCP [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM, <isha.tarte@esds.co.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Will you please provide me the generalized  architecture of hypervisor (XEN)
> including its communication protocol.

There is a lot of developer documentation here:

http://wiki.xensource.com/wiki/XAPI_Developer_Guide

For some more general XCP information see:

http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/vbacd-xen-cloud-computing
http://vimeo.com/38636349

Hope that helps.

You may want to ask more specific questions. That way we can give you
more specific answers.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm

Re: Architecture of XCP [ In reply to ]
adding back the list

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM, <isha.tarte@esds.co.in> wrote:
> Hello Todd,
>
> Thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Information which you
> gave was very useful.
> I again have come up with some doubts which are:
>
>  Can you tell me when we (DOM 0) creates a VM what files it append into
> it(VM).

With XAPI, VMs are created from templates and the settings can be seen
with the command xe vm-param-list. There are various xe commands that
can be used to change these settings and add virtual devices, etc.
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/4.0.1/reference/ch05.html

>  Does each VM has XAPI in it?

No. In current XCP/XenServer, XAPI runs as a service in dom0, but work
is in progress to allow XAPI to run in a service domain.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xenopsd

>  XAPI & xapi are two different things? If yes can you please elaborate.

No. You may see XAPI talked about as a toolstack and also as a
service, but its the same XAPI.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Todd