Mailing List Archive

XenDebian.py
Hi,

Recently, I've needed to install many Debian VMs onto XenServers and of
course wanted to automate it. One of my collegues pointed that rather
use existing tools like Cobbler I should take opportunity of working
with world leading XenAPI developers and learnt it by writing some code.
I took that advice and started to write python script. Doing it I found
that XenAPI documentation is ... well ... no ideal. Therefore I spent
some more time on my program and tried to write the code clear and with
as many comments as possible, so other can learn from it and reuse it. I
hoped to write even more documentation (some tutorial) based on my
experiences, unfortunately I haven't had enough time.

Please find short XenDebian.py documentation on our wiki:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenDebian.py and code on GitHub
https://github.com/wawrzek/XenDebian

Any comments more than welcome.
Thanks,
Wawrzek
--

Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) Niewodniczański - 01223 435603 (35603) - wawrzekn
System Administrator - Engineering Services Team (XenServer)

Re: XenDebian.py [ In reply to ]
On 01/05/12 11:00, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
> Hi,
[...]
> Please find short XenDebian.py documentation on our wiki:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenDebian.py and code on GitHub
> https://github.com/wawrzek/XenDebian
>
> Any comments more than welcome.

Oh, one 'design' decision worthy explanation. If you wonder why I used
XMLRPClib directly rather than XenAPI python wrapper I just followed
suggestion from XAPI developers.

Thanks,
Wawrzek