Mailing List Archive

Thumbnail problem
Hi,

This thumbnail works (115px):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Etsch.png/115px-Etsch.png

And so does this one (117px):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Etsch.png/117px-Etsch.png

However, for 116px (which appears to be the width used in galleries, see
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Adige) I get an error message:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Etsch.png/116px-Etsch.png

Re: Thumbnail problem [ In reply to ]
Add ?action=purge to the thumbnail url to regenerate the thumb. Now it
shows up again.

Re: Thumbnail problem [ In reply to ]
Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> Add ?action=purge to the thumbnail url to regenerate the thumb. Now it
> shows up again.

Nope, it doesn't. It shows up with ?action=purge on the URL, but the
actual thumbnail still doesn't work.

Re: Thumbnail problem [ In reply to ]
Timwi wrote:
> Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
>> Add ?action=purge to the thumbnail url to regenerate the thumb. Now it
>> shows up again.
>
> Nope, it doesn't. It shows up with ?action=purge on the URL, but the
> actual thumbnail still doesn't work.

AFAIK the purge url should be
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Etsch.png?action=purge where it
/should/ send a purge all thumbnails command.

Re: Thumbnail problem [ In reply to ]
On 6/6/07, Timwi <timwi@gmx.net> wrote:

> However, for 116px (which appears to be the width used in galleries, see
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Adige) I get an error message:
>

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Etsch.png/116px-Etsch.png

Works fine for me. You're not the only one to report such problems with
thumbnails, however.

> > This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
> parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
> >
> > * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct
> connections to origin servers, and
> > * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

I'm going to *guess* that this has something to do with the problems with
the commons image tables that caused the db lag problems over the weekend.
In any case, it seems to have been fixed by someone as both this example and
the other two I've seen now work.

> > Your cache administrator is nobody.

Hmmm .... that's comforting :).

--