Mailing List Archive

Re: [ri-team] Sunsetting Trending Edits Service before the holiday
Admin assistance is definitely an interesting use case… there is also the
possibility of including incorporating ORES scores to see what changes are
actually good or not.

Since the API is primarily based off of edits, it isn’t too surprising that
a contributor / admin use case may be a better fit here. So the Trending
may yet have another life as a tool for administrators. It is definitely
something to test out to see if it is useful…

As Jon said, the Cloud VPS version may not be as reliable as Kafka, but
hopefully it is enough to evaluate this type of use… and maybe, as others
have mentioned, a good reason to get production Kafka events flowing into
Cloud VPS backed projects.

Corey Floyd
Engineering Manager
Readers