Mailing List Archive

Sluggish access to Wikipedia
I've made many positive contributions to Wikipedia and would like to continue to do so. Normally, my access to Wikipedia pages has been quick. However, for the past two or three days, my access to each Wikipedia page has been slowed considerably. When I click on a Wikipedia link for example, it now takes 20, 40, and even 60 seconds or longer for the page to fully appear on my computer screen. In addition, when I try to post items now, I've started receiving lost data messages. I've tested my computer and do not believe that the problem is on my end. Would you please help speed up my access to Wikipedia. For example, please look at my Wikipedia account. Perhaps something has changed in my account to cause my access to Wikipedia to be much slower. Thank you.
Re: Sluggish access to Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Further on my post, I've recently been getting the following error message on almost every post:

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in.

Re: Sluggish access to Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Jim schrieb:
> Further on my post, I've recently been getting the following error message on almost every post:
>
> Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in.

Check your browser/anti-spyware/firewall/virus scanner program if it has
any form of cookie filtering and disable it.

Regards,
Marco
Re: Sluggish access to Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Jim wrote:
> Further on my post, I've recently been getting the following error
> message on almost every post:
>
> Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
> Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and
> logging back in.

Clear your cookies and log in again.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / brion @ wikimedia.org)