Mailing List Archive

Brad Jorsch -> Senior Software Engineer
I'm pleased to announce that Brad Jorsch has been promoted to Senior
Software Engineer.

Brad joined the WMF in October of 2012 as a member of the MediaWiki
Core team under RobLa [0]. Prior to joining the WMF, Brad was a strong
contributor in a volunteer capacity both on-wiki and via code
contributions. He has community earned admin rights on enwiki and his
bots (AnomieBOT, AnomieBOT II, MediationBot, MedcabBot, ...) have made
over 1.8 million edits on project wikis [1]. His community
contributions led directly to his recruitment and hiring following the
2012 Berlin Hackathon.

During his tenure at the WMF, Brad has become the de-facto owner of
the Scribunto extension and the primary maintainer of the MediaWiki
web API (api.php). During the 2014-2015 fiscal year, Brad has focused
primarily on the MediaWiki web API (api.php). This largely solo
project has included writing an RfC [2] and working on implementation
not only in MediaWiki core but also across many affected extensions.
Recent improvements have included JSON format updates [3] and the
simplification of continuation mode processing for clients [4].

I look forward to working with Brad on the Wikimedia Reading
Infrastructure team to continue stewardship of the MediaWiki web API
[5] and expect to see continued excellence from his MediaWiki and
Wikimedia contributions.

[0]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-October/064120.html
[1]: https://tools.wmflabs.org/guc/?user=AnomieBOT
[2]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/API_roadmap
[3]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-api-announce/2015-May/000082.html
[4]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-api-announce/2015-June/000084.html
[5]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-May/081648.html

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis Wikimedia Foundation <bd808@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Sr Software Engineer Boise, ID USA

Re: Brad Jorsch -> Senior Software Engineer [ In reply to ]
Hooray! Looking forward to his next evolution :-)