Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt
On 25 May 2015 at 21:39, Bryan Davis <bd808@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that Frances Hocutt has been hired as a Software
> Engineer on the Community Tech team starting 2015-05-26.

​Welcome, Frances! Looking forward to working with you. :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester
Product Manager, Editing

jforrester@wikimedia.org | @jdforrester
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
\o/ Wooo! Welcome :)

Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Frances!

It was a pleasure working with (and learning from) you during our work on
the Inspire campaign and the Co-op. I look forward to the opportunity to
work together again soon!

- Jonathan

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Bryan Davis <bd808@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that Frances Hocutt has been hired as a Software
> Engineer on the Community Tech team starting 2015-05-26.
>
> She has gotten a good start on getting things done by writing a great
> introduction blurb for me to forward on:
>
> Frances is looking forward to starting on a [new team doing cool but
> unspecified stuff]. Frances has been with the WMF for most of the last
> year, first as an OPW intern and then as a developer for Community
> Resources. Frances has primarily worked in the MediaWiki API ecosystem: she
> wrote the standard for API client libraries, evaluated a number of them,
> and developed wiki bots to support this Inspire campaign and the Co-op
> mentorship project on English Wikipedia. She also has contributed patches
> and product management to Wikimetrics. Before starting work in F/OSS,
> Frances worked as a medicinal chemist, studied organic chemistry and
> materials science, and founded a hackerspace. She moved to the Bay Area in
> January. She enjoys giving talks, mentoring new programmers, and practicing
> various fiber arts.
>
> Frances can be found as fhocutt on IRC, Fhocutt as a volunteer, and
> Fhocutt (WMF) officially.
>

> --
> Bryan Davis Wikimedia Foundation <bd808@wikimedia.org>
> [[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Sr Software Engineer Boise, ID USA
> irc: bd808 v:415.839.6885 x6855

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Great to have you on board full time

Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Awesome, I'm very happy to see this news :)

Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Welcome to WMF, Frances! I'm looking forward to working with you (more)!

Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Great news! I'm so excited to hear this!

Heather

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 5:43 AM, Dan Duvall <dduvall@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Welcome to WMF, Frances! I'm looking forward to working with you (more)!
> On May 25, 2015 9:39 PM, "Bryan Davis" <bd808@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm excited to announce that Frances Hocutt has been hired as a Software
>> Engineer on the Community Tech team starting 2015-05-26.
>>
>> She has gotten a good start on getting things done by writing a great
>> introduction blurb for me to forward on:
>>
>> Frances is looking forward to starting on a [new team doing cool but
>> unspecified stuff]. Frances has been with the WMF for most of the last
>> year, first as an OPW intern and then as a developer for Community
>> Resources. Frances has primarily worked in the MediaWiki API ecosystem: she
>> wrote the standard for API client libraries, evaluated a number of them,
>> and developed wiki bots to support this Inspire campaign and the Co-op
>> mentorship project on English Wikipedia. She also has contributed patches
>> and product management to Wikimetrics. Before starting work in F/OSS,
>> Frances worked as a medicinal chemist, studied organic chemistry and
>> materials science, and founded a hackerspace. She moved to the Bay Area in
>> January. She enjoys giving talks, mentoring new programmers, and practicing
>> various fiber arts.
>>
>> Frances can be found as fhocutt on IRC, Fhocutt as a volunteer, and
>> Fhocutt (WMF) officially.
>>

>> --
>> Bryan Davis Wikimedia Foundation <bd808@wikimedia.org>
>> [[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Sr Software Engineer Boise, ID USA
>> irc: bd808 v:415.839.6885 x6855

Heather Walls
Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street I San Francisco, CA 94105

annual.wikimedia.org
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Welcome!

Edward Galvez
Program Evaluation Associate
Wikimedia Foundation
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Hooray! Frances, you've been wonderful to work with during Inspire and
beyond, and I'm so glad you'll be sticking around on this new team :)

Siko Bouterse
Director of Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

sbouterse@wikimedia.org

sum of all knowledge. *
*Donate <https://donate.wikimedia.org> or click the "edit" button today,
and help us make it a reality!*
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Oh that's wonderful news! Congratulations Frances!

Peter Coombe
Fundraising Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Yay, Frances! :D Congrats!

*Sherah Smith*
UX Engineer
Wikimedia Foundation
206-660-6585
sherahsmith.com
donate.wikipedia.org
Re: [Wmfall] Welcome Frances Hocutt [ In reply to ]
Thanks so much, everyone! I'm looking forward to getting started, and also
to figuring out what our team's scope and processes will look like.

-Frances