It may also be good to respect the same order than other Wikimedia logs
(newer on top), but it's just a detail.

Aoineko / Guillaume Blkanchard
Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]
Someone asked [1] if the log could be formatted in reverse order. I've
implemented this in the CheckUser extension, but I've no idea what the
done thing is when coaxing people to synchronise from the extensions
module.

Anyway, done that.

Rob Church

[1] => http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-December/033308.html
Re: Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]
2006/1/2, Rob Church <robchur(at)gmail.com>:
> Someone asked [1] if the log could be formatted in reverse order. I've
> implemented this in the CheckUser extension, but I've no idea what the
> done thing is when coaxing people to synchronise from the extensions
> module.
>
> Anyway, done that.

I missed the last discussion you linked, so let me give my quick comment here.

The log for CheckUser is awful right now. Here's an example of three
entries (IPs and usernames blanked):

18:30, 30 gru 2005 XXX got IPs for ZZZ
18:32, 30 gru 2005 XXX got edits for 127.0.0.1
20:15, December 30, 2005 YYY got edits for 127.0.0.1

First of all, there's no information on the project where the check was done.

Secondly, the dates are in the local format of the wiki on which the
check was done.

Third, you can't search the log.

Well, that's it. So... Could any developer take care of this, or
should I submit a bug to bugzilla?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki
Re: Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]
I envision a minor interface and logging overhaul. Not too difficult
either. Searchable logs might take a bit more work, but not a lot.

I'm up for it.

Rob Church

Re: Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]
Is there any reason why this shouldn't log to the local log with the
IP addresses munged?
Re: Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]
Bung it in the logging table and just not show it on the ordinary
Special:Log pages, perhaps?

Rob Church

Re: Re: CheckUser log [ In reply to ]