Mailing List Archive

Search status and final rollout dates
We're in the home stretch with replacing the old search engine. I'd like to
thank our many thousands of beta testers who opted in and provided their
feedback throughout this process.

You might have noticed we've been rolling it out as the primary search
engine on progressively more wikis. We're down to 11 of the largest wikis
based on search traffic and we've put together a timeline for these:

commons - July 7
eswiki - July 9
nlwiki - July 14
plwiki - July 16
ruwiki - July 28
svwiki - July 30
zhwiki - August 13
dewiki - August 18
frwiki - August 20
jawiki - August 25
enwiki - August 27

It's basically 2 per week starting Monday with a weird break for Wikimania.
Unless we find any last minute blockers I think we'll be done by the end of
August :) If you find anything that's still a problem in Cirrus at all,
even if it's
minor and not a blocker please let us know in Bugzilla.

-Chad

PS: Please feel free to forward this to appropriate other venues
Re: Search status and final rollout dates [ In reply to ]
The rollouts have been going well so far so we're picking up the pace a
bit. It'd be nice to have everything other than enwiki and dewiki deployed
by Wikimania as that will be a great chance to see Nik and myself face
to face and hopefully work through any bugs you're all still seeing. Here's
the updated schedule:

nlwiki - July 14
jawiki - July 14
plwiki - July 16