Mailing List Archive

beta cluster migrated to eqiad
Hello,

I have changed the DNS entries for the beta cluster to point to the
instances hosted in our EQIAD datacenter.

It seems most of the functions are working now beside SSL support.

If you see anything that looks wrong, please fill in bugs in bugzilla
against Wikimedia Labs > deployment-prep (beta).

The DNS might take sometime to propagate. The IP addresses are:

$ dig +short bits.beta.wmflabs.org
208.80.155.137
$ dig +short upload.beta.wmflabs.org
208.80.155.136
$ dig +short en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
208.80.155.135
$ dig +short en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
208.80.155.139
$

Thanks to everyone that helped reconfigure the beta cluster from scratch!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

Re: beta cluster migrated to eqiad [ In reply to ]
en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org and the mobile equivalent are not working.
I've tried just using the given IP addresses, but that results in a message
that says 'Domain not configured'. What is going on?

Is it possible to reach the old betalabs for the time being so we can
continue with testing?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have changed the DNS entries for the beta cluster to point to the
> instances hosted in our EQIAD datacenter.
>
> It seems most of the functions are working now beside SSL support.
>
> If you see anything that looks wrong, please fill in bugs in bugzilla
> against Wikimedia Labs > deployment-prep (beta).
>

> The DNS might take sometime to propagate. The IP addresses are:
>
> $ dig +short bits.beta.wmflabs.org
> 208.80.155.137
> $ dig +short upload.beta.wmflabs.org
> 208.80.155.136
> $ dig +short en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
> 208.80.155.135
> $ dig +short en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
> 208.80.155.139
> $
>
> Thanks to everyone that helped reconfigure the beta cluster from scratch!
>
> --
> Antoine "hashar" Musso

Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile
[[User:Awjrichards]]
IRC: awjr
+1-415-839-6885 x6687
Re: beta cluster migrated to eqiad [ In reply to ]
Works for me

Re: beta cluster migrated to eqiad [ In reply to ]
I've attempted hitting the IPs both from the WMF office network as well as
through my mobile device (not on office wifi), with no success.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:52 AM, John <phoenixoverride@gmail.com> wrote:

> Works for me
>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards@wikimedia.org
> >wrote:
>
> > en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org and the mobile equivalent are not working.
> > I've tried just using the given IP addresses, but that results in a
> message
> > that says 'Domain not configured'. What is going on?
> >
> > Is it possible to reach the old betalabs for the time being so we can
> > continue with testing?
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf@free.fr>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have changed the DNS entries for the beta cluster to point to the
> > > instances hosted in our EQIAD datacenter.
> > >
> > > It seems most of the functions are working now beside SSL support.
> > >
> > > If you see anything that looks wrong, please fill in bugs in bugzilla
> > > against Wikimedia Labs > deployment-prep (beta).
> > >

> > > The DNS might take sometime to propagate. The IP addresses are:
> > >
> > > $ dig +short bits.beta.wmflabs.org
> > > 208.80.155.137
> > > $ dig +short upload.beta.wmflabs.org
> > > 208.80.155.136
> > > $ dig +short en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
> > > 208.80.155.135
> > > $ dig +short en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
> > > 208.80.155.139
> > > $
> > >
> > > Thanks to everyone that helped reconfigure the beta cluster from
> scratch!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Antoine "hashar" Musso

> > --
> > Arthur Richards
> > Software Engineer, Mobile
> > [[User:Awjrichards]]
> > IRC: awjr
> > +1-415-839-6885 x6687

Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile
[[User:Awjrichards]]
IRC: awjr
+1-415-839-6885 x6687
Re: beta cluster migrated to eqiad [ In reply to ]
It works fine for me on my connection (UCSD)

Brian/NF

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Arthur Richards

Re: beta cluster migrated to eqiad [ In reply to ]
en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org loads for me, but without CSS. I've cleared
my cache and done a forced reload, but I still don't get CSS.

Dan

Dan Garry
Associate Product Manager for Platform
Wikimedia Foundation