Mailing List Archive

Gerrit command line tool
I was getting very bored of the tedious job of working out what to code
review and then how to pull it down so I made a tool in the MobileFrontend
repository which lets me do all this from the comfort of the command line
[1]. With the script (and a couple of python installs as referenced in the
command line) you simply run:

> make gerrit

and it prints a list of options
http://imgur.com/e5JBnQI

Simply type the number of the commit you want to review and it will pull it
down for you.

The list of reviews is ordered by the following mechanism (could be
tweaked):
* Patches closest to being merged appear at top e.g. +1s at top, -2s at
bottom
* If patches are of equal code review score, the old ones get preference as
that only seems fair.

It currently doesn't allow you to do reviews from the command line but that
would be a pretty awesome addition.

Let me know your thoughts.

[1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/103884/
Re: Gerrit command line tool [ In reply to ]
Jon Robson <jdlrobson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was getting very bored of the tedious job of working out what to code
> review and then how to pull it down so I made a tool in the MobileFrontend
> repository which lets me do all this from the comfort of the command line
> [1]. With the script (and a couple of python installs as referenced in the
> command line) you simply run:

>> make gerrit

> and it prints a list of options
> http://imgur.com/e5JBnQI

> Simply type the number of the commit you want to review and it will pull it
> down for you.

> The list of reviews is ordered by the following mechanism (could be
> tweaked):
> * Patches closest to being merged appear at top e.g. +1s at top, -2s at
> bottom
> * If patches are of equal code review score, the old ones get preference as
> that only seems fair.

> It currently doesn't allow you to do reviews from the command line but that
> would be a pretty awesome addition.

> Let me know your thoughts.

> [1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/103884/

Very neat! Could you release it under Apache 2.0 so that it
can be merged upstream?

Tim

Re: Gerrit command line tool [ In reply to ]
I added a license amongst other things in this follow up patchset:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/104122

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Tim Landscheidt <tim@tim-landscheidt.de>wrote:

> Jon Robson <jdlrobson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was getting very bored of the tedious job of working out what to code
> > review and then how to pull it down so I made a tool in the
> MobileFrontend
> > repository which lets me do all this from the comfort of the command line
> > [1]. With the script (and a couple of python installs as referenced in
> the
> > command line) you simply run:
>
> >> make gerrit
>
> > and it prints a list of options
> > http://imgur.com/e5JBnQI
>
> > Simply type the number of the commit you want to review and it will pull
> it
> > down for you.
>
> > The list of reviews is ordered by the following mechanism (could be
> > tweaked):
> > * Patches closest to being merged appear at top e.g. +1s at top, -2s at
> > bottom
> > * If patches are of equal code review score, the old ones get preference
> as
> > that only seems fair.
>
> > It currently doesn't allow you to do reviews from the command line but
> that
> > would be a pretty awesome addition.
>
> > Let me know your thoughts.
>
> > [1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/103884/
>
> Very neat! Could you release it under Apache 2.0 so that it
> can be merged upstream?
>
> Tim

Jon Robson
* http://jonrobson.me.uk
* https://www.facebook.com/jonrobson
* @rakugojon
Re: Gerrit command line tool [ In reply to ]
This now lives here:
https://github.com/jdlrobson/GerritCommandLine

Thanks for all the feedback so far.