Media infrastructure maintenance (uploads disabled) Friday Oct 5, 11 am UTC
We're going to swap out ms7, the current media server fallback, for a
netapp. We'll start this on Friday Oct 5 at 11am UTC, to conclude at
2pm UTC or earlier. This will entail turning off uploads to all
projects during the switchover. It is possible that
ExtensionDistributor and captchas will be affected during this time as
well; other services should be fine.

Ariel

Re: Media infrastructure maintenance (uploads disabled) Friday Oct 5, 11 am UTC [ In reply to ]
We rolled back this change after discovering an ownership issue with the
rsynced media files that caused deletions of media to fail. We'll try
again early next week.

Ariel

Στις 04-10-2012, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 15:19 +0300, ο/η Ariel T. Glenn
έγραψε:

Re: Media infrastructure maintenance (uploads disabled) Monday Oct 8, 11 am UTC [ In reply to ]
We'll be making our next attempt this Monday. We hope to avoid
switching off uploads but reserve the possibility just in case. The
maintenance window will run three hours, from 11 am til 2 pm UTC, to
give ourselves lots of time to get it done.

Re: Media infrastructure maintenance (uploads disabled) Friday Oct 5, 11 am UTC [ In reply to ]
It might be smart to run a sitenotice (at least on commons)
One of the few occasions where such notices actually make sense in my opinion.

DJ