I do not know if I'm talking nonsense, but I would be happy if it was done.

[1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata
[2]http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GlobalProfile
Re: WIkidata and Global Profile. [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/12 17:43, Raylton P. Sousa wrote:
> By chance Wikidata[1] could be a substitute for the Global Profile[2]?
> Because at least from what I understand it would not take much to implement
> this.
> I do not know if I'm talking nonsense, but I would be happy if it was done.

I believe Wikidata could be used for something like this, but it's a
question whether the Wikidata community would want it.
Re: WIkidata and Global Profile. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM, Raylton P. Sousa
<raylton.sousa@gmail.com>wrote:

> By chance Wikidata[1] could be a substitute for the Global Profile[2]?
> Because at least from what I understand it would not take much to implement
> this.

Possibly!

Though, let's be clear that you mean one way of implementing Global
Profile, not a substitute for it. Either way, there would be engineering
work to do. Just, a bit less of it this way around.

--
Andrew Garrett
Wikimedia Foundation