Mailing List Archive

Welcoming Ori Livneh
*Hi All,

Please join me in welcoming Ori Livneh as Software Developer on WMF’s new
Editor Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.

Ori grew up in Israel, Canada and the United States. He likes to read
philosophy, linguistics and fiction. He has a son, Noam, who is seven
months old, and may or may not be named after Noam Chomsky, and a wife,
Simona, who was definitely not named after Chomsky. He is a self-taught
programmer and has a weird love/hate relationship with schools and academic
institutions. When he can't fall asleep, he researches macabre topics on
Wikipedia, which is the worst possible way to cope with insomnia. He's
moving to the Bay Area from New York City and would appreciate your
consolations :-). Needless to say, he's very, very excited to join the
Wikimedia Foundation.

Ori is relocating to San Francisco later this month. So say hello to Ori
online. He’s available as @olivneh on our favorite irc channels including
#mediawiki and #wikimedia-dev. And drop by to see him when he’s in SF!

Welcome Ori! Glad to see you onboard.*

--

Alolita Sharma
Director of Engineering
Re: Welcoming Ori Livneh [ In reply to ]
2012/5/15 Alolita Sharma <asharma@wikimedia.org>:
> *Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Ori Livneh as Software Developer on WMF’s new
> Editor Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.

בָּרוּךְ הַבָּא!‏

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬
Re: Welcoming Ori Livneh [ In reply to ]
On 05/14/2012 05:06 PM, Alolita Sharma wrote:
> *Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Ori Livneh as Software Developer on WMF’s new
> Editor Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.
[snip]
> He's moving to the Bay Area from New York City and would appreciate your
> consolations :-). Needless to say, he's very, very excited to join the
> Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Ori is relocating to San Francisco later this month.

Welcome, Ori. I'm losing you as a neighbor and gaining you as a
colleague. :) Best wishes and thanks for joining us.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

Re: Welcoming Ori Livneh [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Alolita Sharma <asharma@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> *Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Ori Livneh as Software Developer on WMF’s new
> Editor Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.
>
> Ori grew up in Israel, Canada and the United States. He likes to read
> philosophy, linguistics and fiction. He has a son, Noam, who is seven
> months old, and may or may not be named after Noam Chomsky, and a wife,
> Simona, who was definitely not named after Chomsky. He is a self-taught
> programmer and has a weird love/hate relationship with schools and academic
> institutions. When he can't fall asleep, he researches macabre topics on
> Wikipedia, which is the worst possible way to cope with insomnia. He's
> moving to the Bay Area from New York City and would appreciate your
> consolations :-). Needless to say, he's very, very excited to join the
> Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Ori is relocating to San Francisco later this month. So say hello to Ori
> online. He’s available as @olivneh on our favorite irc channels including
> #mediawiki and #wikimedia-dev. And drop by to see him when he’s in SF!
>
> Welcome Ori! Glad to see you onboard.*

Ori's also been a Wikimedian since 2005, with a healthy body of
contributions to English Wikipedia, Hebrew Wikipedia, and Commons (among
others). :-)

Ori joining WMF is really fantastic news from where I'm sitting, because it
means that the experiments team will be able to start expanding our scope.
If you'd like to see where we're at and contribute to our idea backlog,
there are docs on:

- Meta (research-oriented mostly):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Editor_Engagement_Experiments
- English Wikipedia (includes an FAQ):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Editor_engagement_experiments

Welcome Ori. It's awesome to have you on board!

Steven
Re: Welcoming Ori Livneh [ In reply to ]
Congrats, it's great to see more folks on the team!

—Andrew

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Alolita Sharma <asharma@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> *Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Ori Livneh as Software Developer on WMF’s new
> Editor Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.
>
> Ori grew up in Israel, Canada and the United States. He likes to read
> philosophy, linguistics and fiction. He has a son, Noam, who is seven
> months old, and may or may not be named after Noam Chomsky, and a wife,
> Simona, who was definitely not named after Chomsky. He is a self-taught
> programmer and has a weird love/hate relationship with schools and academic
> institutions. When he can't fall asleep, he researches macabre topics on
> Wikipedia, which is the worst possible way to cope with insomnia. He's
> moving to the Bay Area from New York City and would appreciate your
> consolations :-). Needless to say, he's very, very excited to join the
> Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> Ori is relocating to San Francisco later this month. So say hello to Ori
> online. He’s available as @olivneh on our favorite irc channels including
> #mediawiki and #wikimedia-dev. And drop by to see him when he’s in SF!
>
> Welcome Ori! Glad to see you onboard.*
>
> --
>
> Alolita Sharma
> Director of Engineering