my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out
Dear Sirs, my

function JidanniLessSkinMess($sktemplate,$nav_urls){$nav_urls['permalink']=$nav_urls['print']=false;return true;}
$wgHooks['SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';

no longer works when the user is logged out.

What other of my
http://transgender-taiwan.org/index.php?title=Special:Version#Hooks
probably are affected?

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 08 May 2012 15:19:59 -0700, <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:

> Dear Sirs, my
>
> function
> JidanniLessSkinMess($sktemplate,$nav_urls){$nav_urls['permalink']=$nav_urls['print']=false;return
> true;}
> $wgHooks['SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';
>
> no longer works when the user is logged out.
>
> What other of my
> http://transgender-taiwan.org/index.php?title=Special:Version#Hooks
> probably are affected?

Use BaseTemplateToolbox for that now.
function JidanniLessSkinMess( &$sk, &$toolbox )
{$toolbox['permalink']=$toolbox['print']=false;return true;}
$wgHooks[BaseTemplateToolbox'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';

The other skin hooks should be fine. In fact the SkinTemplateNavigation
you are already using should start working in MonoBook too now.

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
No I'm sorry, even if I add the missing apostrophe, that is not enough to zap
the permalink and print links from the bottom of each page.
In the source one even finds
// Use the copy of revision ID in case this undocumented, shady hook tries to mess with internals
So it is one big mishmash.

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 08 May 2012 19:41:37 -0700, <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:

> No I'm sorry, even if I add the missing apostrophe, that is not enough
> to zap
> the permalink and print links from the bottom of each page.
> In the source one even finds
> // Use the copy of revision ID in case this undocumented, shady hook
> tries to mess with internals
> So it is one big mishmash.

Apostraphe? WTF are you talking about? I said that you needed to use a
different hook.

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
DF> Apostraphe? WTF are you talking about?

$wgHooks[BaseTemplateToolbox'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';
^

Anyway I am afraid what you gave me does not zap the links.
Could you test it please? Thanks.

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
On May 8, 2012, at 8:23 PM, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> DF> Apostraphe? WTF are you talking about?
>
> $wgHooks[BaseTemplateToolbox'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';
> ^

Uh, try:

$wgHooks['BaseTemplateToolbox'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';

Note the single quote I dropped in right before "BaseTemplateToolbox", that removes the syntax error.

---
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: my SkinTemplateBuildNavUrlsNav_urlsAfterPermalink no longer works when logged out [ In reply to ]
BH> Uh, try:
BH> $wgHooks['BaseTemplateToolbox'][]='JidanniLessSkinMess';
Yes Brandon, I tried that.
None of this zaps the two links for logged out users.