Mailing List Archive

Welcome Danielle Benoit, making engineering tutorials
It is my pleasure to announce new Wikimedia Foundation contractor
Danielle Benoit, who will be working in the Engineering Community Team
on engineering tutorial materials for the next several weeks.

Danielle comes to us from previous roles in organizational culture
management, quality assurance, event management, and curriculum
development and teaching. She's going to work with WMFers and with
other community members to create the tutorial materials for:

Using Git and Gerrit
Beginning Lua scripting and adapting templates to Lua
Optimizing your code's MySQL performance
Writing secure code and reviewing code for security
Adapting your Gadget to ResourceLoader and Gadgets 2.0

Foundation engineers will teach these tutorials at the Berlin hackathon
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Berlin_Hackathon_2012> in June, so
Danielle will help them prep, and improve written resources on
mediawiki.org to serve our whole engineering community. (I'm also
working to get the Berlin tutorials videorecorded but it's not a sure
thing yet.)

Welcome! (cc'd)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

Re: Welcome Danielle Benoit, making engineering tutorials [ In reply to ]
Congrats Danielle Benoit

*Nasir Khan Saikat <http://profiles.google.com/nasir8891>*