version, no questions asked?!

Thanks,
Stephan

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Stephan Gambke <s7eph4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can somebody please enlighten me on how to just pull the latest HEAD
> version, no questions asked?!

If you've cloned MediaWiki core:
`git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/core.git`

Then staying up to date is just: `git pull origin master`

If you start changing files or trying to merge branches then
you run the risk of getting conflicts, but there's zero reason
a simple clone & pull would conflict.

-Chad

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
Am 28.04.2012 14:37, schrieb Chad:
> If you start changing files or trying to merge branches then
> you run the risk of getting conflicts...

Even on files I did not even touch?

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Stephan Gambke <s7eph4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 28.04.2012 14:37, schrieb Chad:
>> If you start changing files or trying to merge branches then
>> you run the risk of getting conflicts...
>
> Even on files I did not even touch?

If you didn't touch them, then I don't know how
there would be a conflict.

-Chad

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
Am 28.04.2012 14:43, schrieb Chad:
> If you didn't touch them, then I don't know how
> there would be a conflict.

Me neither. That's why I asked.
Will try to start over with a fresh clone.
Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Stephan

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:45:54 -0700, Stephan Gambke <s7eph4n@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am 28.04.2012 14:43, schrieb Chad:
>> If you didn't touch them, then I don't know how
>> there would be a conflict.
>
> Me neither. That's why I asked.
> Will try to start over with a fresh clone.
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan

What is the diff? By any chance do you still have svn attached?

Re: Git - I just want to pull the HEAD version [ In reply to ]
Am 28.04.2012 21:09, schrieb Daniel Friesen:
> What is the diff? By any chance do you still have svn attached?

Sorry, don't have the files anymore. But no, no it was a clone from git.
Have a different setup now and so far it seems to work.

Cheers,
Stephan