Mailing List Archive

1.18 PHP version requirement
Hello,

PHP 5.2.6 and earlier have a bugs that prevents us from appending text
to php://stdout . See [PHP 45303].

We need to open php:// file descriptors in append mode (a) when running
the web installer or we have a nice error caused by the output buffer
being reset [BUG 31822] fixed by [r101644].

By bumping our PHP version requirement to 5.2.7 we no more have that
buffer reset issue. Maintenance scripts will throw a warning though [BUG
32325] [BUG 32263].

Debian stable provides PHP 5.3.3.
I am pretty sure Mac OS X 10.6 provide a PHP version after 5.2.6.

1.17 bumped requirement to PHP 5.2.3
Can we bump it again for 1.18 ?


References:
[PHP 45303] https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45303
[BUG 31822] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31822
[r101644] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/101644
[BUG 32325] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32325
[BUG 32263] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32263

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
I am little bit new to this but when you do that would it mean that mw
wouldn't run on that or it would only show a warning to user that their php
is older than required, which user could skip? if there was that
possiblity, I see no problem with that. php is freeware so upgrade
shouldn't be problem for anyone

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> PHP 5.2.6 and earlier have a bugs that prevents us from appending text
> to php://stdout . See [PHP 45303].
>
> We need to open php:// file descriptors in append mode (a) when running
> the web installer or we have a nice error caused by the output buffer
> being reset [BUG 31822] fixed by [r101644].
>
> By bumping our PHP version requirement to 5.2.7 we no more have that
> buffer reset issue. Maintenance scripts will throw a warning though [BUG
> 32325] [BUG 32263].
>
> Debian stable provides PHP 5.3.3.
> I am pretty sure Mac OS X 10.6 provide a PHP version after 5.2.6.
>
> 1.17 bumped requirement to PHP 5.2.3
> Can we bump it again for 1.18 ?
>
>
> References:
> [PHP 45303] https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45303
> [BUG 31822] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31822
> [r101644] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/101644
> [BUG 32325] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32325
> [BUG 32263] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32263
>
> --
> Antoine "hashar" Musso
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Antoine Musso" <hashar+wmf@free.fr>

> Debian stable provides PHP 5.3.3.
> I am pretty sure Mac OS X 10.6 provide a PHP version after 5.2.6.
>
> 1.17 bumped requirement to PHP 5.2.3
> Can we bump it again for 1.18 ?

Centos as late as 5.7 doesn't provide a 5.3 php; you have to get it from remi.

I *think* that might be true of Centos 6 as well, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com 2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647 1274

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Petr Bena <benapetr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am little bit new to this but when you do that would it mean that mw
> wouldn't run on that or it would only show a warning to user that their php
> is older than required, which user could skip? if there was that
> possiblity, I see no problem with that. php is freeware so upgrade
> shouldn't be problem for anyone
>

The installer will not install on versions below what we support. This
is the behavior we have right now when checking for 5.2.3+

-Chad

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Le 10 nov. 2011 à 16:42, Antoine Musso a écrit :
>
> I am pretty sure Mac OS X 10.6 provide a PHP version after 5.2.6.
>
> Antoine "hashar" Musso

Mac OS X 10.6.8 provides PHP 5.3.6.

Cheers!
Alexandre Emsenhuber (ialex)
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
right, if I understand this, the problem is only with installer, so
wouldn't it be better just to make some workaround for older versions of
php for installer rather than forcing user to upgrade, while it actually
doesn't have effect on mediawiki which is already installed and working?


On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf@free.fr> wrote:

> We need to open php:// file descriptors in append mode (a) when running
> the web installer or we have a nice error caused by the output buffer
> being reset [BUG 31822] fixed by [r101644].
>
> By bumping our PHP version requirement to 5.2.7 we no more have that
> buffer reset issue. Maintenance scripts will throw a warning though [BUG
> 32325] [BUG 32263].
>
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Petr Bena <benapetr@gmail.com> wrote:
> right, if I understand this, the problem is only with installer, so
> wouldn't it be better just to make some workaround for older versions of
> php for installer rather than forcing user to upgrade, while it actually
> doesn't have effect on mediawiki which is already installed and working?
>

We wouldn't be forcing anyone to upgrade unless they're attempting a
fresh MediaWiki installation and using < 5.2.7.

And TBH: if we wait for CentOS to support 5.3, we'll be looking at 5.2
support for another 5 or 6 years. But we're not bumping to 5.3 support
anyway, this is just a minor jump from 5.2.3 -> .7

-Chad

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Wanted to note that going from 1.16.5 to 1.17.0 on CentOS 5.1 (what my
org is using, and they are testing 5.5) -- I had to install PHP from
remi. Even 5.5 doesn't have good enough for 1.17. I also had to
recompile the UTF8 support because of a missing option.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Chad <innocentkiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Petr Bena <benapetr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> right, if I understand this, the problem is only with installer, so
>> wouldn't it be better just to make some workaround for older versions of
>> php for installer rather than forcing user to upgrade, while it actually
>> doesn't have effect on mediawiki which is already installed and working?
>>
>
> We wouldn't be forcing anyone to upgrade unless they're attempting a
> fresh MediaWiki installation and using < 5.2.7.
>
> And TBH: if we wait for CentOS to support 5.3, we'll be looking at 5.2
> support for another 5 or 6 years. But we're not bumping to 5.3 support
> anyway, this is just a minor jump from 5.2.3 -> .7
>
> -Chad
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/11 16:48, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Centos as late as 5.7 doesn't provide a 5.3 php; you have to get it from remi.
>
> I*think* that might be true of Centos 6 as well, but I'm not sure.

Looking at CentOS file mirrors, it looks like:

CentOS 5.7 provide PHP 5.3.3 with package name 'php53'
CentOS 6.0 seems to provide 5.3.2 by default

So under CentOS 5.7 it should be something like:
yum install php53


--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Antoine Musso" <hashar+wmf@free.fr>

> On 10/11/11 16:48, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> > Centos as late as 5.7 doesn't provide a 5.3 php; you have to get it
> > from remi.
> >
> > I*think* that might be true of Centos 6 as well, but I'm not sure.
>
> Looking at CentOS file mirrors, it looks like:
>
> CentOS 5.7 provide PHP 5.3.3 with package name 'php53'
> CentOS 6.0 seems to provide 5.3.2 by default
>
> So under CentOS 5.7 it should be something like:
> yum install php53

I either didn't see that, or there was a reason (incomplete dependencies) that
I didn't use it; don't remember which, it's been a busy month.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com 2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647 1274

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Antoine Musso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> PHP 5.2.6 and earlier have a bugs that prevents us from appending text
> to php://stdout . See [PHP 45303].
>
> We need to open php:// file descriptors in append mode (a) when running
> the web installer or we have a nice error caused by the output buffer
> being reset [BUG 31822] fixed by [r101644].
>
> By bumping our PHP version requirement to 5.2.7 we no more have that
> buffer reset issue. Maintenance scripts will throw a warning though [BUG
> 32325] [BUG 32263].

Given that it's just a warning (I see no mention of the returned handle
being wrong), why not remove it with wfSupressErrors?


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Petr Bena wrote:
> php is freeware so upgrade shouldn't be problem for anyone

Upgrading is a problem for a lot of people. Shared hosting is problematic in
particular.

If there are unavoidable issues (5.3.1), it's a different story, of course.

MZMcBride



_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
I was assuming that warning wouldn't prevent user from being able to use mw
on old php, as Chad explained, in case that it would be impossible to use
it there, indeed it would be problem. I think that it should be possible to
create some alternative way to install mediawiki for those users (since it
affects only installation process). At least some light weight installer
which would only update db schema and generated config file.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:18 AM, MZMcBride <z@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Petr Bena wrote:
> > php is freeware so upgrade shouldn't be problem for anyone
>
> Upgrading is a problem for a lot of people. Shared hosting is problematic
> in
> particular.
>
> If there are unavoidable issues (5.3.1), it's a different story, of course.
>
> MZMcBride
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
* Chad <innocentkiller@gmail.com> [Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:59:49 -0500]:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Petr Bena <benapetr@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > right, if I understand this, the problem is only with installer, so
> > wouldn't it be better just to make some workaround for older
versions
> of
> > php for installer rather than forcing user to upgrade, while it
> actually
> > doesn't have effect on mediawiki which is already installed and
> working?
> >
>
> We wouldn't be forcing anyone to upgrade unless they're attempting a
> fresh MediaWiki installation and using < 5.2.7.
>
> And TBH: if we wait for CentOS to support 5.3, we'll be looking at 5.2
> support for another 5 or 6 years. But we're not bumping to 5.3 support
> anyway, this is just a minor jump from 5.2.3 -> .7
>
It is probably even more worth to encourage upgrade to PHP 5.4: I've
seen the benchmarks and it seems to run about 1.5-2 times faster and
have memory footprint 2-3 times lower comparing to 5.3. Perhaps Tim
Starling's discussion with PHP core developers encouraged them to
improve Zend. Maybe even HipHop is not that much needed as PHP 5.4. The
question is, how to encourage conservative package maintainers to push
such package updates into their distributions. Because not everyone has
root and even not everyone who have root are ready to compile from
sources. I've seen few articles, especially about Ubuntu, that compiling
is discouraged! Which is very strange, I remember it was encouraged back
in late 90's early 2000's.
Dmitriy

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Speaking as a tarball user: fer gosh sake please keep MediaWiki
working on the oldest sane version of PHP. Even though I have root,
it's a pain in the backside having to put a special package on a
system to get new versions working. Particularly as MW is now back on
a fast enough release schedule that upgrading is necessary to have a
maintained version. Thank you.


- d.

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
sources. I've seen few articles, especially about Ubuntu, that compiling
is discouraged! Which is very strange, I remember it was encouraged back
in late 90's early 2000's.
Dmitriy


Compiling is easy see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID#cite_note-compile-php-4
if you can add prerequisites if some are missing:
( The following configure works for all extensions I am using )

How to compile PHP (directory names are shown for a standard OpenSUSE
server configuration)

1. get the latest PHP version 5.3.x from http://www.php.net
2. make a backup copy of your working php binaries /usr/bin/php and
apache module /usr/lib64/apache2-prefork/libphp5.so or
/usr/lib64/apache2-worker/libphp5.so . Assign a meaningful name so
that you can easily return to your previous version in case that
something went wrong during compilation of the new PHP-
3. /./configure --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share/php
--mandir=/usr/share/man --bindir=/usr/bin --libdir=/usr/share
--includedir=/usr/include --sysconfdir=/etc --with-libdir=lib64
--with-config-file-path=/etc --with-exec-dir=/usr/lib64/php/bin
--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork --with-openssl --with-bz2
--with-zlib --with-curl --with-ldap --with-mysql --enable-soap
--enable-mbstring --with-xsl --enable-calendar --with-gd
--with-iconv --with-pspell --with-gmp --with-mcrypt --enable-zip/
4. if /configure/ stops prematurely because of missing modules, you
need to install missing developers' libraries with header files
using YaST. This can be done, usually step-by-step, until
/configure/ finishes successfully without missing dependencies.
5. /make/
6. /make install/
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thomas Gries <mail@tgries.de> wrote:
> Compiling is easy

It is, but I think the idea is that you don't get upgrades with a
simple 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' (or equivalent) - You'll
have to upgrade them yourself. Keep track of changelogs/new releases
to check for security issues in all the packages you've installed by
hand. Tedious, no?


--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On 15 November 2011 07:54, Thomas Gries <mail@tgries.de> wrote:

> Compiling is easy see


Why yes, it is. However, requiring it for a piece of infrastructure is
a pain in the backside above and beyond what other software working at
a similar level requires.

I appreciate the urge to the new shiny and to leave the old stuff
behind, but ask you not to go overboard. In general, any sentence that
starts "But you can just ..." is probably wrong.


- d.

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
* Thomas Gries <mail@tgries.de> [Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:54:38 +0100]:
>
> sources.
I used RedHat for years, and compiling new versions of PHP was really
easy because phpinfo() displayed ./configure options stored by php build
for system administrator convience. One just had to watch for outdated /
new options of configure. However, they (Ubuntu or Debian) built their
own custom script which removes this ./configure line from phpinfo()
output, so one have to find proper options manually. However it was
easier than trying to build the package on my own, anyway.
Dmitriy

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Centos 6.1 uses PHP 5.2.x as default,

The same goes for cPanel, what kind of means that most users that want
to use it on shared hosting would get that error also.

I don't think thats a good thing,

Best,

Huib

2011/11/10, Jay Ashworth <jra@baylink.com>:
> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Antoine Musso" <hashar+wmf@free.fr>
>
>> Debian stable provides PHP 5.3.3.
>> I am pretty sure Mac OS X 10.6 provide a PHP version after 5.2.6.
>>
>> 1.17 bumped requirement to PHP 5.2.3
>> Can we bump it again for 1.18 ?
>
> Centos as late as 5.7 doesn't provide a 5.3 php; you have to get it from
> remi.
>
> I *think* that might be true of Centos 6 as well, but I'm not sure.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth Baylink
> jra@baylink.com
> Designer The Things I Think RFC
> 2100
> Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com 2000 Land Rover
> DII
> St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647
> 1274
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>

--
Verzonden vanaf mijn mobiele apparaat

Kind regards,

Huib Laurens
WickedWay.nl

Webhosting the wicked way.

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
On 15 November 2011 09:59, Dmitriy Sintsov <questpc@rambler.ru> wrote:
> * Thomas Gries <mail@tgries.de> [Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:54:38 +0100]:

>> sources.

> I used RedHat for years, and compiling new versions of PHP was really
> easy because phpinfo() displayed ./configure options stored by php build
> for system administrator convience. One just had to watch for outdated /
> new options of configure. However, they (Ubuntu or Debian) built their
> own custom script which removes this ./configure line from phpinfo()
> output, so one have to find proper options manually. However it was
> easier than trying to build the package on my own, anyway.


I have hand-built libphp5.so just to get MediaWiki working properly on CentOS.

It's a pain in the backside. Please don't make us have to do this.


- d.

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
* David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> [Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:14:55 +0000]:
> On 15 November 2011 09:59, Dmitriy Sintsov <questpc@rambler.ru> wrote:
> > * Thomas Gries <mail@tgries.de> [Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:54:38 +0100]:
>
> >> sources.
>
> > I used RedHat for years, and compiling new versions of PHP was
really
> > easy because phpinfo() displayed ./configure options stored by php
> build
> > for system administrator convience. One just had to watch for
outdated
> /
> > new options of configure. However, they (Ubuntu or Debian) built
their
> > own custom script which removes this ./configure line from phpinfo()
> > output, so one have to find proper options manually. However it was
> > easier than trying to build the package on my own, anyway.
>
>
> I have hand-built libphp5.so just to get MediaWiki working properly on
> CentOS.
>
> It's a pain in the backside. Please don't make us have to do this.
>
I cannot, even if I wanted to. However, if PHP 5.4 is really so good, I
am going to check it out, when I'll have more free time.
Dmitriy

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Sorry I don't understand, a lot of people are complaining about their distro not shipping "late" version, not latest...
I perfectly understand, i've a server with a CentOs frozen in time somewhere in 2007... and I'm SCARED to touch anything... It run and old version of mysql, kernel 2.18.something, old Perl... but it runs... and does the job without any problems... In short I will never think to install nothing except a munin plugin...
The point is: are you using an extra stable distro, with extra tested software and do you want to INSTALL a bleeding edge ?

--
Roy Bellingan
admin@tsmt.eu
CG & ArchiVIZ *http://archidea.us*
Programmazione & SysAdmin *http://tsmt.eu*
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
MediaWiki is supported only for a minimal number of releases. They include
security fixes for known vulnerabitilies. When a super stable release of
Linux is a good idea with some applications, it is not a good idea when
MediaWiki is the product your system is running.
Thanks,
GerardM

On 15 November 2011 12:38, Roy Bellingan <admin@tsmt.eu> wrote:

> Sorry I don't understand, a lot of people are complaining about their
> distro not shipping "late" version, not latest...
> I perfectly understand, i've a server with a CentOs frozen in time
> somewhere in 2007... and I'm SCARED to touch anything... It run and old
> version of mysql, kernel 2.18.something, old Perl... but it runs... and
> does the job without any problems... In short I will never think to install
> nothing except a munin plugin...
> The point is: are you using an extra stable distro, with extra tested
> software and do you want to INSTALL a bleeding edge ?
>
> --
> Roy Bellingan
> admin@tsmt.eu
> CG & ArchiVIZ *http://archidea.us*
> Programmazione & SysAdmin *http://tsmt.eu*
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Re: 1.18 PHP version requirement [ In reply to ]
> I used RedHat for years, and compiling new versions of PHP was really
easy because phpinfo() displayed ./configure options stored by php build

my next tip: on the commandline you can use

php -i

to print the ./configure options with which this current version was built.
./configure options are printed in the very first lines.

1 2  View All