Mailing List Archive

first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil
As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
C3Sl in BRazil. We're really excited about it. Details are listed on
the main index page on our download server
( http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ ) and are reproduced below for everyone's
convenience:

Site: Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre (C3SL), at the
Universidade Federal do Paraná in Brazil.
Contents: the 5 most current complete and successful dumps of each
project
Access: HTTP: http://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/
FTP: ftp://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/wikipedia/
rsync: rsync://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/wikipedia/

A big thank you to the folks there for providing the space and working
with us to make it happen.

Please forward this on to researchers or others who might want to know
about it but aren't on these lists.

Ariel Glenn
Software Developer / Systems Engineer
Wikimedia Foundation
ariel@wikimedia.org

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
On 13 October 2011 19:20, Ariel T. Glenn <ariel@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
> C3Sl in BRazil.  We're really excited about it.  Details are listed on
> the main index page on our download server
> ( http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ ) and are reproduced below for everyone's
> convenience:

\o/

Here's to backups :-D

- d.

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
Woot! Do we have a status page so that we can know which mirrors are
active and if their up to date?

--tomasz

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
No. It's a bit soon. Once we have a few mirrors we can start
monitoring them :-)

Ariel

Στις 13-10-2011, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 11:41 -0700, ο/η Tomasz Finc έγραψε:

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
On 13/10/11 20:20, Ariel T. Glenn wrote:
> As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
> C3Sl in BRazil.

Congratulations! :-)

--
Ashar Voultoiz

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <ariel@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
> C3Sl in BRazil.

I have a bunch of people mirroring qmail.org. Would you like me to
contact them and suggest that they mirror Wikipedia?

Re: first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
Στις 18-10-2011, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 20:43 -0400, ο/η Russell Nelson
έγραψε:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <ariel@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
> > C3Sl in BRazil.
>
> I have a bunch of people mirroring qmail.org. Would you like me to
> contact them and suggest that they mirror Wikipedia?

Sure, if they have space and bandwidth. Please see
meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps and have
them sign on there if they are interested.

Ariel

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
Congratulations, a big step in wiki preservation.

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
Some of the most recent dumps links are broken[1].

[1] http://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/jawikisource/20111018

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
The mirror picks up copies of dumps as they complete, doing an rsync off
of a list of the 5 most recent successful dumps per project. It walks
through the entire rsync before starting over with a refreshed copy of
the list. I presume it hasn't gotten around to filling in that link
yet.

A disclaimer: I do not have backup-index.html (which has the progress
report for all wikis) in the list of files to mirror. They must pick it
up because they consider it convenient for the user. Maybe we should
discuss that.

Ariel

Στις 24-10-2011, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 00:18 +0200, ο/η emijrp έγραψε:

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
And now that my eyes are open a bit better I see they don't actually
mirror the backup-index.html file. So where did you find that link?
I don't see it here:

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil [ In reply to ]
They have probably change something. I don't remember an "Index of" page in
http://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/ yesterday but a backup-index.html.