Mailing List Archive

Ramping up to 1.18 deployment
It looks like we've finally moved ahead of the curve with regard to
FIXMEs. Today, Sam Reedy (and others) plowed through some of them and
brought us up to where we need to be in order to deploy 1.18 in 3
weeks. We still need to keep up the pace, but we're in a better
position now.

There is one more area that we need to have work done, though, for 1.18
deployment and that is Bug #29068 ("Bugs to be fixed for 1.18 WMF
deployment"): https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/29068

In order to close this tracking bug we need to fix the following:

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/29246 -- API errors occasionally with
unknown error 231

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30192 -- Thumbnails of archived images
don't get deleted

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30352 -- jQuery.makeCollapsible.js should
support 'autocollapse', 'innercollapse' and 'outercollapse' options

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30384 -- extra newlines in nested
templates in tables [parser difference between 1.17 and 1.18]

Thanks for any help you can give on these bugs,

Mark.

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Mark A. Hershberger
<mhershberger@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/29246 -- API errors occasionally with
>    unknown error 231

That one has kind of had my name on it for a while. I've assigned it
to myself and will tackle it either tonight or tomorrow morning.

> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30352 -- jQuery.makeCollapsible.js should
>    support 'autocollapse', 'innercollapse' and 'outercollapse' options

Timo?

Roan

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30192 -- Thumbnails of archived images
> don't get deleted

I've got my head down in this code. I'll have a go at it.

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Russell N. Nelson - rnnelson
<rnnelson@clarkson.edu> wrote:
>  > https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30192 -- Thumbnails of archived images
>  >    don't get deleted
>
> I've got my head down in this code. I'll have a go at it.

I already partially resolved it in r94212. As Bryan points out, the fix
is insufficient (and while we're under the hood there, those methods
desperately need renaming and better docs).

-Chad

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately not. The problem is that when you delete all revisions of a file, it deletes the history *first*, getHistory() returns nothing, and the loop never executes. The work-around is to delete archived versions and then finally delete the file itself. The fix ... I'm still working on. Got a bit of a layering problem, but we'll see ...
-russ

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
"Mark A. Hershberger" <mhershberger@wikimedia.org> wrote in message
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/30352 -- jQuery.makeCollapsible.js should
> support 'autocollapse', 'innercollapse' and 'outercollapse' options
>
> Thanks for any help you can give on these bugs,

Is just arguing that it needn't block deployment cheating? :-D

--HM

Re: Ramping up to 1.18 deployment [ In reply to ]
I believe that I've fixed this bug, and included a patch in the bz entry. It works on a pre-1.17 version of MediaWiki with both SwiftMedia and LocalRepo as repos. I've not checked it against a current version, as I don't have it installed anywhere. I would appreciate it if someone could volunteer to test it and report back.
I've got my head down in this code. I'll have a go at it.