Mailing List Archive

Anonymization, virtualization, and community measurement tools
http://www.harihareswara.net/sumana/2011/06/29/1

That's my report from visiting June's Open Source Bridge conference. I
thought this list might especially want to know about:

* A tool to sanitize MySQL databases, to provide realistic but
anonymized test data to developers and researchers:
https://github.com/davedash/mysql-anonymous
* Mozilla on inviting contributors with virtualized dev environments
(somewhat like what our ops team is working on):
http://opensourcebridge.org/sessions/635 &
http://decafbad.com/2011/06/os-webdev-vm/slides.html
* Community measurement tools:
http://opensourcebridge.org/2011/wiki/Online_Community_Metrics:_Tips_and_Techniques_for_Measuring_Participation
(Mark and I will probably be using some of these tools)

And I got some people volunteering to help with MediaWiki development,
bug triage and validation:
http://opensourcebridge.org/2011/wiki/What%27s_New_in_MediaWiki_1.17_%26_How_You_Can_Help#Volunteering
So if you see Charles, Jenka, Drew, Shepherd, or Ruth around, that's
what they're up to.

Thanks to the Foundation for paying for my flight!

Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation