irc.wikimedia.org has been down for six hours without any information can
someone please take a look and give us some information?

John
Re: irc.wikimedia.org status [ In reply to ]
John wrote:
> irc.wikimedia.org has been down for six hours without any information can
> someone please take a look and give us some information?

It seems up to me. According to the server admin log,[1] Mark started ircd
on the host a few hours ago.

MZMcBride

[1]
http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/index.php?diff=34424&oldid=34423&diffonly=1

Re: irc.wikimedia.org status [ In reply to ]
It's been fixed for three hours now. One thing to note is that the IP
address for the server changed. The DNS entry's cache settings are for
one hour, you should be able to access it without issues now. I just
tried it and it's working for me. When was the last time you tried it?

Re: irc.wikimedia.org status [ In reply to ]
http://status.wikimedia.org/8777/156492/IRC-RecentChanges has some
pretty graphs.