Hello,

During the Hackaton, hexmode gave me access to the Cruise Control
server. I have fixed the build configuration to exclude long tests, it
seems to be running again correctly:

http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/

I think the IRC notifications are still broken.

--
Ashar Voultoiz

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
On 21.05.2011, 14:34 Ashar wrote:

> Hello,

> During the Hackaton, hexmode gave me access to the Cruise Control
> server. I have fixed the build configuration to exclude long tests, it
> seems to be running again correctly:

> http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/

> I think the IRC notifications are still broken.

Whee! Can we establish a policy of reverting a build-breaking revision
soonish rather than much latish as we did before?

--
Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
Max Semenik wrote:

> On 21.05.2011, 14:34 Ashar wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>
>> During the Hackaton, hexmode gave me access to the Cruise Control
>> server. I have fixed the build configuration to exclude long
>> tests, it
>> seems to be running again correctly:
>
>> http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/
>
>> I think the IRC notifications are still broken.
>

> Whee! Can we establish a policy of reverting a build-breaking revision
> soonish rather than much latish as we did before?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Yeah, that, or fixing the test :P

--
Krinkle

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
> During the Hackaton, hexmode gave me access to the Cruise Control
> server. I have fixed the build configuration to exclude long tests, it
> seems to be running again correctly:
>
> http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/
>
> I think the IRC notifications are still broken.

The IRC bot ("codurr") runs on the Toolserver under the multi-maintainer
project "mwbot". It's set to read from the following file every sixty
seconds: <http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/irc/irc-publish.txt>.

It looks like that file exists, but isn't being updated properly currently.

MZMcBride

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/11 21:47, MZMcBride wrote:
> The IRC bot ("codurr") runs on the Toolserver under the multi-maintainer
> project "mwbot". It's set to read from the following file every sixty
> seconds:<http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/irc/irc-publish.txt>.
>
> It looks like that file exists, but isn't being updated properly currently.

The bot should be fine, I have trouble refreshing the .txt file :-(

Cruise control uses ant as a build system, the file generation is
actually a target which, for some reason unknown to me, is not blessed
with the correct variables (logdir, and logfile).

The output from the ant job is something like:

input file
/home/ci/cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.3/projects/mw/${logdir}/${logfile} does
not exist

Thus the IRC publishing target does not know where to get the log from,
then does not update the .txt file and mark the whole build as failing.

I have sent an email to hexmode to get some help about this. It should
not be that hard to fix up, but it is the kind of puzzle I am not going
to spend 3 days solving when someone got the answer in less than a minute.

At least, we have some progress :-)

--
Ashar Voultoiz

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/11 20:33, Max Semenik wrote:
> Whee! Can we establish a policy of reverting a build-breaking revision
> soonish rather than much latish as we did before?

Instead of reverting, what about fixing the code / test? :)

--
Ashar Voultoiz

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Ashar Voultoiz <hashar+wmf@free.fr> wrote:
> On 21/05/11 20:33, Max Semenik wrote:
>> Whee! Can we establish a policy of reverting a build-breaking revision
>> soonish rather than much latish as we did before?
>
> Instead of reverting, what about fixing the code / test? :)

I'd say 48hrs is a fair policy for fix-or-be-reverted, and is
certainly more of a policy than we have now (mark it fixme,
then ignore it).

-Chad

Re: cruise control is back! [ In reply to ]
Ashar Voultoiz <hashar+wmf@free.fr> writes:

> I have sent an email to hexmode to get some help about this. It should
> not be that hard to fix up, but it is the kind of puzzle I am not going
> to spend 3 days solving when someone got the answer in less than a minute.

And (yay!) it is back. I don't thinnk *I* fixed it, but it is back.
I'm pretty happy that on its first appearance it spotted an error that
was fixed right away.

Mark (aka “hexmode” or “hex” as my wife calls me)