Mailing List Archive

dataset1 maintenance Sat Oct 1 (dumps unavailable)
Folks,

The server that hosts the XML dumps will be undergoing maintenance (it's
going to be moved to another rack), on Saturday Oct 1 starting at about
15:00 GMT. We expect the server to be back up by 17:00 GMT. During
that time XML dumps will be unavailable.

In other news the first run of the full en.wikipedia history in chunks
has completed. The recompression to 7z has not been done, nor the
recompression into a single large bz2 file for people who prefer it.
However, for those interested, please have a look at the files:

http://dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20100904/

Each file has its own mediawiki header and footer, each covering a range
of 2 million (sequential) page IDs, except for the last "chunk" which
covers rather more than it should.

As you can see, the chunk sizes are rather disparate. The next such run
should split up more evenly with roughly the same number of revisions in
each chunk, and as such, they should all take nearly the same time to
complete.

Ariel Glenn

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] dataset1 maintenance Sat Oct 1 (dumps unavailable) [ In reply to ]
The server that hosts XML dumps was moved this morning and all
maintenance completed. The dumps for dewiki, arwiki, srwiki and
ptwikiquote were restarted from the beginning; everything else should be
running normally. (Except for enwiki, which is a special case.)

Ariel Glenn

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] dataset1 maintenance Sat Oct 1 (dumps unavailable) [ In reply to ]
So, will English Wikipedia dumps be created with this new method from now?