Mailing List Archive

[Announcement] Frank Stanton Foundation donates USD 262K
Hi folks,

I'm happy to tell you that the Wikimedia Foundation has received a
substantial donation from the Stanton Foundation, a private foundation
created to further philanthropic goals set by the late Dr. Frank
Stanton. Dr. Stanton, who died two years ago at the age of 98, was a
noted American broadcasting executive and longtime president of the CBS
television network.

The Stanton Foundation has given Wikimedia USD $262,000 to support the
purchase of database servers, application servers, network equipment and
other hardware. The tech team will spend the money throughout 2008, and
will begin to have the new hardware installed and operating in just a
few months.

This gift is a major vote of confidence in the work we are doing
together. I'm really happy that the Stanton Foundation has chosen to
support the Wikimedia projects, and our goal of bringing free knowledge
to people all over the world.

Congratulations to the tech team :-)
Sue

--

Sue Gardner
Executive Director

Re: [Announcement] Frank Stanton Foundation donates USD 262K [ In reply to ]
Thank you to the Stanton Foundation.

Congratulations to the Wikimedia Foundation.

Best wishes to both.

Renata

Re: [Announcement] Frank Stanton Foundation donates USD 262K [ In reply to ]
Fabulous news! Thank you to Frank Stanton, and excellent work by all
involved in securing another very significant donation.