Mailing List Archive

Who's watching a page?
Is there a way to find out who is watching a page?

I'm running beta3, and have this is my LocalSettings.php:
/** Show watching users in recent changes, watchlist and page history views */
$wgRCShowWatchingUsers = true; # UPO
/** Show watching users in Page views */
$wgPageShowWatchingUsers = true;

The change I see after setting these values is the number of watching
users on the article itself, in the footer, like:
[4 watching user/s]

I get the same info displayed on the RecentChanges and Watchlist page,
now that I have my preferences set to show it.

But I'm not seeing a way to view the list of individual users watching
a page. Can mediawiki do this?

Thanks!

--
Steven Hilton <mshiltonj@gmail.com>
<http://mshiltonj.com/>
Re: Who's watching a page? [ In reply to ]
On 03/08/05, Steven Hilton <mshiltonj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to find out who is watching a page?
> But I'm not seeing a way to view the list of individual users watching
> a page. Can mediawiki do this?

No - mainly because watchlists are considered to be more or less
"private" information. Obviously, the information's in the database if
you wanted to hack up an extension to do it, but there's no in-built
facility for it.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]