Mailing List Archive

ToggleDisplay extension and PHP 5.3
Dear MediaWiki list,

I am using the ToggleDisplay extension
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ToggleDisplay on some wikis,
currently running MediaWiki 1.18 and PHP 5.2. When I try to switch to PHP
5.3, the extension throws up errors saying that a value was provided where
a reference was expected:

Parameter 3 to ExtToggleDisplay::toggleDisplay() expected to be a
reference, value given in *<PATH>/w/includes/parser/Parser.php* on line *
3580*
MediaWiki internal error.

Since upgrading to MediaWiki 1.19 or higher requires a minimum of PHP 5.3,
I am unable to upgrade.

The ToggleDisplay extension page currently says that the extension is not
actively maintained because there is now core functionality in the
MediaWiki software (
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Collapsible_elements )that achieves
the same purpose. However, the syntax of that core functionality differs
from that of ToggleDisplay, and I have already used the ToggleDisplay
extension at numerous places. So I'm looking for either of these:

* A fix to the code of the ToggleDisplay extension that will make it
compatible with PHP 5.3, hence with MediaWiki 1.19 and higher.

* A new version of the extension that parses wikitext written for the
ToggleDisplay extension in terms of MediaWiki's core functionality of
collapsible elements or something else that's equivalent.

Thank you very much!

Vipul
Re: ToggleDisplay extension and PHP 5.3 [ In reply to ]
On 04/06/12 17:04, Vipul Naik wrote:
> So I'm looking for either of these:
>
> * A fix to the code of the ToggleDisplay extension that will make it
> compatible with PHP 5.3, hence with MediaWiki 1.19 and higher.

Fixed
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Extension:ToggleDisplay&diff=546537&oldid=477917