--
Best regards,
Chau Chee Yang
Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Chee-Yang Chau <cychau@gmail.com> wrote:

> The logon account in en.wikipedia.org page has "My sandbox" link in top
> left part.
>
> How can I do that in my private mediawiki site? Is there any extension to
> do so?

"My sandbox" is done as a Gadget[1]. You should have gadget extension[2]
installed and need to create corresponding entries[3][4] in your wiki.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gadgets
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition

--
Regards
Srikanth.L
Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [ In reply to ]
Or you could just copy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js

into your common.js...

Re: How to add add "My sandbox" in personal url section as en.wikipedia.org does? [ In reply to ]
Thanks. It's cool.

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Chee-Yang Chau <cychau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The logon account in en.wikipedia.org page has "My sandbox" link in top
> > left part.
> >
> > How can I do that in my private mediawiki site? Is there any extension
> > do so?
> >

> "My sandbox" is done as a Gadget[1]. You should have gadget extension[2]
> installed and need to create corresponding entries[3][4] in your wiki.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox.js
> [2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gadgets
> [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-mySandbox
> [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition