Mailing List Archive

After update to 1.18.2 using a custom skin we get a js error 'mw is not defined'
Hi,

I'm maintaining a wiki[1] with a custom skin and since the update to
1.18.2 we miss the edit toolbar and search suggestions do not work
anymore. I presume this is due to javascript failing as we do get a
javascript error 'mw is not defined'. Can somebody tell me where I can
find more info on how to include Javascript in custom skins nowadays?

Btw the skin is quite old and probably needs more work to make it adhere
to the current MW standards. I've tried to find a document which lists
changes in how skins are being used in MW nowadays, but only found this
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skinning which states it's outdated and
should not be used anymore. Is there more up-to-date information
available? Something along the lines of:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

[1] http://http://beeldengeluidwiki.nl

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

grtz
BjornW

Re: After update to 1.18.2 using a custom skin we get a js error 'mw is not defined' [ In reply to ]
On 06/05/12 14:33, Bjorn Wijers wrote:
> Can somebody point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> grtz
> BjornW

You need to adapt the skin to work with the ResourceLoader.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader

Re: After update to 1.18.2 using a custom skin we get a js error 'mw is not defined' (MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 104, Issue 6) [ In reply to ]
On 05/06/2012 08:33 AM, Bjorn Wijers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining a wiki[1] with a custom skin and since the update to
> 1.18.2 we miss the edit toolbar and search suggestions do not work
> anymore. I presume this is due to javascript failing as we do get a
> javascript error 'mw is not defined'. Can somebody tell me where I can
> find more info on how to include Javascript in custom skins nowadays?
>
> Btw the skin is quite old and probably needs more work to make it adhere
> to the current MW standards. I've tried to find a document which lists
> changes in how skins are being used in MW nowadays, but only found this
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skinning which states it's outdated and
> should not be used anymore. Is there more up-to-date information
> available? Something along the lines of:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
>
> [1] http://http://beeldengeluidwiki.nl
>
> Can somebody point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> grtz
> BjornW

Please see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skinning#External for more