authentic user is allowed. My question is how to set the homepage
directly to login window.

Thanks.

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
2008/3/31, for.register for.register <fregister@gmail.com>:
> I am a new user of mediawiki, my wiki is a private wiki, only
> authentic user is allowed. My question is how to set the homepage
> directly to login window.

Have you tried putting '#REDIRECT [[Special:Userlogin]]' on your main
page? Alternatively, you could probably also edit MediaWiki:Mainpage
and put 'Special:Userlogin' in there.

I haven't tried either method, though.

--
schnee

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Schneelocke <schneelocke@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/31, for.register for.register <fregister@gmail.com>:
>
> > I am a new user of mediawiki, my wiki is a private wiki, only
> > authentic user is allowed. My question is how to set the homepage
> > directly to login window.
>
> Have you tried putting '#REDIRECT [[Special:Userlogin]]' on your main
> page? Alternatively, you could probably also edit MediaWiki:Mainpage
> and put 'Special:Userlogin' in there.
>
> I haven't tried either method, though.
>
> --
> schnee

Thanks, but frankly I do not know where is my Mainpage, I use default
index.php.

Could you explain a little more?

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:56 PM, for.register for.register
<fregister@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Schneelocke <schneelocke@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/3/31, for.register for.register <fregister@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > I am a new user of mediawiki, my wiki is a private wiki, only
> > > authentic user is allowed. My question is how to set the homepage
> > > directly to login window.
> >
> > Have you tried putting '#REDIRECT [[Special:Userlogin]]' on your main
> > page? Alternatively, you could probably also edit MediaWiki:Mainpage
> > and put 'Special:Userlogin' in there.
> >
> > I haven't tried either method, though.
> >
> > --
> > schnee

> Thanks, but frankly I do not know where is my Mainpage, I use default
> index.php.
>
> Could you explain a little more?

I got it. on MediaWiki:Mainpage 'Special:Userlogin' works good.
Thank you!

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:05 AM, for.register for.register
<fregister@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:56 PM, for.register for.register
> <fregister@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Have you tried putting '#REDIRECT [[Special:Userlogin]]' on your main
> > > page? Alternatively, you could probably also edit MediaWiki:Mainpage
> > > and put 'Special:Userlogin' in there.
> > >
> > > I haven't tried either method, though.
> > >
> > > --
> > > schnee

> > Thanks, but frankly I do not know where is my Mainpage, I use default
> > index.php.
> >
> > Could you explain a little more?
> >

> I got it. on MediaWiki:Mainpage 'Special:Userlogin' works good.
> Thank you!

The only problem with this method (changing Mediawiki:Mainpage) is once a
user logs in they are taken back to the Special:UserLogin page, not the Main
Page. Is there anyway to accomplish this and redirect back to the Main Page?

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
I am notorious for over complicating things, but you could have it
check if the user is logged-in, and if not, redirect them to a login
page, and if they are, let them brows as usual.
You would probably need to do this in php at the level of the skin
something like this at the very top of the skin template should work

The name of the user cookie is different for each install, so you
would need to find the name and enter it in.

if(!isset($_COOKIE['name_of_user_cookie'])){ // if cookie not set -
redirect
header("Location: http://www.example.com/index.php/
Special:Userlogin"); // Redirects browser to login page
}

Re: How redirect default page to login window [ In reply to ]
Actually you don't even need to do that.
$wgUser->isLoggedIn(); will tell you if you're logged in.
And $wgOut->redirect( SpecialPage::getTitleFor( 'Special:UserLogin'
)->fullURL() );
should direct to the login page (Though I may have a function name or
two wrong.)

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)