<http://wiki-ms-0-1/f15mp/index.php?title=Special:Upload> "

However, I don't have any directory named "public" in my structure,
actually is it
the default struction, and I am trying to upload to the "images"
directory.

Pls let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanx !
Lori

Re: Upload Directory Issue [ In reply to ]
Lori,

The directory name is most likely "upload" or "temp" and it should be
writable by the server.

Boris.

On Feb 4, 2008 12:43 PM, Rowe, Dolores A <dolores.a.rowe@boeing.com> wrote:

> When I try to upload a gif file using my v1.11.0 MediaWiki, I get the
> following
> error message:
>
> "The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.
> Retrieved from "http://wiki-ms-0-1/f15mp/index.php?title=Special:Upload"
> <http://wiki-ms-0-1/f15mp/index.php?title=Special:Upload> "
>
> However, I don't have any directory named "public" in my structure,
> actually is it
> the default struction, and I am trying to upload to the "images"
> directory.
>
> Pls let me know if you have any suggestions.
>
> Thanx !
> Lori

Boris Epstein
http://www.dogandponny.org/
http://dikayasobaka.livejournal.com/ (Russian)
Re: Upload Directory Issue [ In reply to ]
Check the permissions on wiki images directory. Does the user running
the apache httpd instance ($ ps ax | grep httpd) have permission to
write to images? Dan

On Feb 4, 2008 12:54 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lori,
>
> The directory name is most likely "upload" or "temp" and it should be
> writable by the server.
>
> Boris.
>

> On Feb 4, 2008 12:43 PM, Rowe, Dolores A <dolores.a.rowe@boeing.com> wrote:
>
> > When I try to upload a gif file using my v1.11.0 MediaWiki, I get the
> > following
> > error message:
> >
> > "The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.
> > Retrieved from "http://wiki-ms-0-1/f15mp/index.php?title=Special:Upload"
> > <http://wiki-ms-0-1/f15mp/index.php?title=Special:Upload> "
> >
> > However, I don't have any directory named "public" in my structure,
> > actually is it
> > the default struction, and I am trying to upload to the "images"
> > directory.
> >
> > Pls let me know if you have any suggestions.
> >
> > Thanx !
> > Lori

> Boris Epstein
> http://www.dogandponny.org/
> http://dikayasobaka.livejournal.com/ (Russian)

Dan Thomas

Re: Upload Directory Issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Lori,
Checkout for owner permission and the mode. make the image folder
writable or not and try to make image folder writable using "chmod
a+w webfolder/wiki/image" from the linux shell.

Regards!
Kirti Patel