Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation
Congrats Ryan & all my best wishes, thanks Katherine for the update.

Best Regards,
Rajeeb.
(U: Marajozkee)
Sent from my iPhone

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
"*support the strategy core team to move the Working Group recommendations
into implementation within the community and Foundation over the course of
the coming year."*

Does that mean that it has already been decided to implement those
rcommendations, irrespective to the views of the Community?

Jeff
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Congrats Ryan!

The main question here at Wikimania is really... Will you be more like Leo
McGarry or like Doug Stamper as far as it comes to problem solving? :)

Lodewijk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Wait - how many people did Doug Stamper murder?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:54 PM effe iets anders <effeietsanders@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> Director,
> > acting in my stead on various projects.
> > >
> > > I’m excited by this new role for an old friend of the open community.
> > Ryan knows our movement well. He has spent many hours with many
> > Wikimedians, and understands the centrality of the community to the
> > Wikimedia mission and identity. His background as a partner to Wikimedia,
> > and a leader in the broader open movement will be invaluable to our work,
> > and confirmation of the importance of community experience in Foundation
> > leadership.
> > >
> > > Ryan doesn’t start in his new role until Monday, September 16th.
> > However, he will be at Wikimania, so for those of you attending, please
> say
> > hi, and join me in welcoming him to Wikimedia!
> > >
> > > Katherine
> > >
> > > P.S. This announcement can also be found on our news page:

Eileen B. Hershenov
Of Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
San Francisco, CA 94104
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
Registered In-House Counsel, State Bar of CA
Licensed in NY State
ehershenov@wikimedia.org
(US) 415-483-6676

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation and for legal/ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and Welcome on board to Ryan!

Regards,
Bobby Shabangu

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Such great news! Welcome, Ryan!

*Itzik Edri*
Chairperson (volunteer)
itzik@wikimedia.org.il
+972-54-5878078

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Good news Katherine. I wish you all the best in your new role Merkley.

Regards,

Isaac

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Welcome aboard, Ryan! Good to have you with us.

Warm regards,

K.

Kalliope Tsouroupidou
Operations Manager, Trust and Safety
Wikimedia Foundation
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Ryan and welcome on board.
Kayode Yussuf

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
> "*support the strategy core team to move the Working Group recommendations
> into implementation within the community and Foundation over the course of
> the coming year."*
>
> Does that mean that it has already been decided to implement those
> rcommendations, irrespective to the views of the Community?

No, just that it's expect that at least some recommendations will be
implemented in some way. In some areas it might well be that some of the
final recommendations involve a further period of consultation and
discussion.

Chris
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Welcome on board Ryan .

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Ryan,

Congratulations!!!

You are welcome on board.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcoming Ryan Merkley to the Wikimedia Foundation [ In reply to ]
Glad to have someone from CC onboard, welcome Ryan!

Paulo

Katherine Maher <kmaher@wikimedia.org> escreveu no dia terça, 13/08/2019
à(s) 23:02: