Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died
He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.

--
Milos

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
this is really sad news :(

dj

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:

> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>
> --
> Milos
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>




--

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
kierownik katedry Zarządzania Międzynarodowego
i grupy badawczej NeRDS
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://n <http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl/>wrds.kozminski.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
The Wikipedian:
http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
On 09/13/2016 06:00 PM, Milos Rancic wrote:
> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>
Oh dear, very sad news indeed :(

I remember meeting him at Wikimania 2006, and on many more subsequent
Wikimanias. He was always nice and thoughtful.

My condolences to his family.

Filip

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
And just to add that his username page is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Eclecticology

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Dariusz Jemielniak <darekj@alk.edu.pl> wrote:
> this is really sad news :(
>
> dj
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
>> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>>
>> --
>> Milos
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
>> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
>> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
>> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> __________________________
> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
> kierownik katedry Zarządzania Międzynarodowego
> i grupy badawczej NeRDS
> Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
> http://n <http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl/>wrds.kozminski.edu.pl
>
> członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
>
> Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
> Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
> autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010
>
> Recenzje
> Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
> Pacific Standard:
> http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
> Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
> The Wikipedian:
> http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>



--
Milos

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Editor since 2002

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Eclecticology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Eclecticology
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ray_Saintonge,_Heathrow_Terminal_5,_20110801_P1020446.jpg
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/Board_elections/2008/Candidates/en#Ray_Saintonge_.28Eclecticology.29
https://www.ivoox.com/episode-18f-ray-saintonge-audios-mp3_rf_7274453_1.html

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Dariusz Jemielniak <darekj@alk.edu.pl>
wrote:

> this is really sad news :(
>
> dj
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> > think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
> >
> > --
> > Milos
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> > <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> __________________________
> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
> kierownik katedry Zarządzania Międzynarodowego
> i grupy badawczej NeRDS
> Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
> http://n <http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl/>wrds.kozminski.edu.pl
>
> członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
>
> Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
> Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
> autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010
>
> Recenzje
> Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
> Pacific Standard:
> http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
> Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
> The Wikipedian:
> http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>



--
Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814
lane@bluerasberry.com
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
For those of you who are not on Facebook, this is the message his
family posted on his Facebook profile:
---
After a courageous battle with cancer, my loving husband, my best
friend, and a wonderful father passed away peacefully yesterday
morning.
Thanks to everyone who helped us through this journey.
We will have a celebration of life in the near future, we will let you
know as soon as we have the details.

Love,

Christine and Darren.

Après une bataille courageuse avec le cancer, mon mari, mon meilleur
ami et un père formidable nous a quité en paix hier matin. Merci à
tous ceux qui nous ont soutenu durant notre voyage. Nous allons avoir
une célébration de sa vie, aussitôt que nous avons les details nous
allons vous avissez.

Avec tout notre amour.

Christine et Darren.
---

I discovered only a few months ago and by chance that he was fighting
cancer. I met Ray in 2010 at Wikimania. This is very sad news.

Cristian

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
I will miss Ray.

I will miss his cheeriness, his optimism, his kind-heartedness.

I will miss his steadfastness, a rock at every Wikimania until he could no
longer come, his passion for learning, his dedication to understanding.

Farewell, Ray.

J.
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Very sad news, indeed. We will miss him.

El mar., 13 de sept. de 2016 13:25, James Forrester <jdforrester@gmail.com>
escribió:

> I will miss Ray.
>
> I will miss his cheeriness, his optimism, his kind-heartedness.
>
> I will miss his steadfastness, a rock at every Wikimania until he could no
> longer come, his passion for learning, his dedication to understanding.
>
> Farewell, Ray.
>
> J.
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>

--
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
On 13 September 2016 at 17:19, Lane Rasberry <lane@bluerasberry.com> wrote:

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ray_Saintonge,_Heathrow_Terminal_5,_20110801_P1020446.jpg



Yes, that shot was after I went across London to catch him between
planes and have a few pints at Heathrow :-D


- d.

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Amazing gentleman. One of the founding board members of Wikimedia Canada.
Will be greatly missed by all of us in the great white north.

James

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:28 AM, David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 September 2016 at 17:19, Lane Rasberry <lane@bluerasberry.com>
> wrote:
>
> > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ray_Saintonge,_
> Heathrow_Terminal_5,_20110801_P1020446.jpg
>
>
>
> Yes, that shot was after I went across London to catch him between
> planes and have a few pints at Heathrow :-D
>
>
> - d.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>



--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Sad news :(



*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!


On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:

> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>
> --
> Milos
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
I'm deeply saddened by this news.

For many years it was a delight to meet Ray at Wikimania and hear him comment in his deep voice on anything, but mostly on our movement,
sometimes with irony, always in a goodhearted way, and often with a smile

This short clip from Wikimania 2005 shows Ray as I remember him, accompanied by Phoebe
https://vimeo.com/134889976

Erik Zachte

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-bounces@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 18:49
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died

Sad news :(



*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!


On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:

> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>
> --
> Milos
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines New messages to:
> Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
On Sep 13, 2016 12:00, "Milos Rancic" <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.

So sad to hear :(

It was great to know him since meeting him at Wikimania 2007 and to see him
every year.

As member of the chapters committee, he was supportive of us when we were
establishing Wikimedia DC in 2011.

Will greatly miss him.

Katie

>
> --
> Milos
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
<mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Very sad news. :(
May he rest in peace.

Shani.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 8:08 PM, aude <aude.wiki@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2016 12:00, "Milos Rancic" <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> > think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>
> So sad to hear :(
>
> It was great to know him since meeting him at Wikimania 2007 and to see him
> every year.
>
> As member of the chapters committee, he was supportive of us when we were
> establishing Wikimedia DC in 2011.
>
> Will greatly miss him.
>
> Katie
>
> >
> > --
> > Milos
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> > New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
Despite over a dozen years of friendship, I simply don't feel
qualified to eulogize Ray as others can and already have. I'll simply
say that over those years, I came to value his wisdom immensely as we
worked together on Wikimedia organization regarding chapters and other
topics. Christine and Darren have my most profound condolences; it is
certainly no understatement to say that he made a positive
contribution to the world in ways that his quiet character would, to
some, fail to adequately represent, and I will miss him.

Austin

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 18:00:45 +0200
Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:

> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>

Sorry to hear about that! My condolences go to his family and friends.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
http://shlomifishswiki.branchable.com/Encourage_criticism_and_try_to_get_offended/

<rindolf> I LOVE YOU ALL WITH YAAKOV’S GREAT HUGE LOVE.
— http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/sharp-perl.html

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
he will be missed, I am really shocked to hear this, he was one of our best
and early editors

Mardetanha

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Austin Hair <adhair@gmail.com> wrote:

> Despite over a dozen years of friendship, I simply don't feel
> qualified to eulogize Ray as others can and already have. I'll simply
> say that over those years, I came to value his wisdom immensely as we
> worked together on Wikimedia organization regarding chapters and other
> topics. Christine and Darren have my most profound condolences; it is
> certainly no understatement to say that he made a positive
> contribution to the world in ways that his quiet character would, to
> some, fail to adequately represent, and I will miss him.
>
> Austin
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
I feel very sad reading this news. He was always friendly and fair. Had
always made me smile seeing him.

Expecting to meet him on a Mania is just natural. Knowing will never see
him there again is ... very strange.

I will miss him, very very much

Ting


Am 13.09.2016 um 18:00 schrieb Milos Rancic:
> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died [ In reply to ]
This is such a terrible news. Condolences and prayers for Ray's family and those whose were close to him in such a difficult time.

I still remember when I first met Ray at Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, he not just politely asked me to go ahead of a line for food, but kindly agreed to speak over lunch. He shared a lot of interesting stories from his work. Unfortunately I could not upload the video and it might still be in one of my hard drives. Though the empty space he has left in the community could never be filled up, I will try to search the video interview and upload on Commons.

Best!
Subhashish

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ting Chen" <wing.philopp@gmx.de>
To: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:16:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Ray Saintonge has died

I feel very sad reading this news. He was always friendly and fair. Had
always made me smile seeing him.

Expecting to meet him on a Mania is just natural. Knowing will never see
him there again is ... very strange.

I will miss him, very very much

Ting


Am 13.09.2016 um 18:00 schrieb Milos Rancic:
> He died yesterday. As he was an important member of our community, I
> think we should make something appropriate so he would be remembered.
>


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: Wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@lists.wikimedia.org?subject=unsubscribe>