Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result
Dear Wikimedians,

We are writing to let you know the result of the election for the 2
Affiliate Selected Board Seats on the Wikimedia Foundation board.

The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia Tymkiv.*

A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia and
Macau chapters - which is a record.

The number of first preferences received by each candidate was as follows:

Christophe Henner (9.00);
Siska Doviana (6.75);
Jan Ainali (5.50);
Osmar Valdebenito (5.50);
Nataliia Tymkiv (4.75);
Susanna Mkrtchyan (3.25);
Lodewijk Gelauff (2.50);
Maarten Deneckere (1.50);
Kunal Mehta(1.25);
Leigh Thelmadatter (0.00)

As you know the election was conducted under the Single Transferable Vote,
which meant that votes were redistributed between candidates to come up
with the final result. In the 9th round of voting the final place, after
Christophe was elected, was between Nataliia (16.09) and Siska (9.91). We
will be putting the full count narrative on the Chapters Wiki so that
others can verify it if they wish.

We would like to congratulate Christophe and Nataliia and thank everyone
who stood. It is the closest ASBS result for some time, and all candidates
brought very valuable perspectives to the work of the WMF.

Regards,

Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa, Lane Rasberry
Election Facilitators
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
I want to congratulate everyone who has engaged in this election
process. It was for sure a very special one, in this special situation
which was also reflected by the number of candidates.

Thanks to the election committee and the candidates!

Nataliia and Christophe, I wish you a good hand in helping the WMF board
to steer through the current waters and whatever may come in the future.
Also on behalf of the AffCom I hope for a good collaboration.

Regards,

Manuel

www.wikimedia.ch

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Christophe and Nataliia! It's great to see two strong
candidates join the Board soon, and I am confident of your ability to shape
the Board and strengthen our movement. We are looking forward to working
with you over the coming years.

Also many thanks to everyone else who was running and of course to Chris,
Lorenzo and Lane for facilitating these elections.

Best,
Tim

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to the new members!
And also thanks to organizers.
Warmly,

>:

> Congratulations to Christophe and Nataliia! It's great to see two strong
> candidates join the Board soon, and I am confident of your ability to shape
> the Board and strengthen our movement. We are looking forward to working
> with you over the coming years.
>
> Also many thanks to everyone else who was running and of course to Chris,
> Lorenzo and Lane for facilitating these elections.
>
> Best,
> Tim

> > Dear Wikimedians,
> >
> > We are writing to let you know the result of the election for the 2
> > Affiliate Selected Board Seats on the Wikimedia Foundation board.
> >
> > The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia Tymkiv.*
> >
> > A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia
> and
> > Macau chapters - which is a record.
> >
> > The number of first preferences received by each candidate was as
> follows:
> >
> > Christophe Henner (9.00);
> > Siska Doviana (6.75);
> > Jan Ainali (5.50);
> > Osmar Valdebenito (5.50);
> > Nataliia Tymkiv (4.75);
> > Susanna Mkrtchyan (3.25);
> > Lodewijk Gelauff (2.50);
> > Maarten Deneckere (1.50);
> > Kunal Mehta(1.25);
> > Leigh Thelmadatter (0.00)
> >
> > As you know the election was conducted under the Single Transferable
> Vote,
> > which meant that votes were redistributed between candidates to come up
> > with the final result. In the 9th round of voting the final place, after
> > Christophe was elected, was between Nataliia (16.09) and Siska (9.91). We
> > will be putting the full count narrative on the Chapters Wiki so that
> > others can verify it if they wish.
> >
> > We would like to congratulate Christophe and Nataliia and thank everyone
> > who stood. It is the closest ASBS result for some time, and all
> candidates
> > brought very valuable perspectives to the work of the WMF.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa, Lane Rasberry
> > Election Facilitators

*Iván Martínez*

*Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.User:ProtoplasmaKid *

// Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
// Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia, and thanks to all candidates
and facilitators.

Santiago Navarro Sanz
Presidente
Wikimedia España
www.wikimedia.es

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations, Christophe and Nataliia! We are sure you'll both be great
assets for the Board. Thanks to the facilitators for their work (and
calculations!).

Best,

*Galileo Vidoni*
Presidente
A. C. Wikimedia Argentina

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to the new members!

Best.
Moheen

---
*Moheen Reeyad*
Global user *|* Moheen Reeyad
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Moheen_Reeyad> on all Wikimedia
Foundation <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation>'s public
wikis
Executive Member
<http://wikimedia.org.bd/about-us/executive-committee> of Wikimedia
Bangladesh <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Bangladesh>
Administrator of Bengali Wikipedia
<https://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/প্রধান_পাতা>
http://wikimedia.org.bd

My blog <http://moheenreeyad.wordpress.com/> *| *@moheenreeyad
<https://twitter.com/moheenreeyad> *|* f/MoheenReeyad
<https://www.facebook.com/MoheenReeyad> *|* in/moheenreeyad
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/moheenreeyad>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Nataliia and Christophe - and well done to the
committee for getting such a good turnout. It was an excellent pool of
candidates this year and glad to see we got the votes to match.

Andrew.

On 9 May 2016 at 15:37, Manuel Schneider <manuel.schneider@wikimedia.ch> wrote:
> I want to congratulate everyone who has engaged in this election
> process. It was for sure a very special one, in this special situation
> which was also reflected by the number of candidates.
>
> Thanks to the election committee and the candidates!
>
> Nataliia and Christophe, I wish you a good hand in helping the WMF board
> to steer through the current waters and whatever may come in the future.
> Also on behalf of the AffCom I hope for a good collaboration.
>
> Regards,
>

> Manuel
>
> On 09.05.2016 16:11, Chris Keating wrote:
>
>> The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia Tymkiv.*
>>
>> A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia and
>> Macau chapters - which is a record.
>
> --
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> www.wikimedia.ch

- Andrew Gray
andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Agree. Great to see some new and strong voices on the board.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Andrew Gray <andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk>
wrote:

> Congratulations to Nataliia and Christophe - and well done to the
> committee for getting such a good turnout. It was an excellent pool of
> candidates this year and glad to see we got the votes to match.
>
> Andrew.
>
> On 9 May 2016 at 15:37, Manuel Schneider <manuel.schneider@wikimedia.ch>
> wrote:
> > I want to congratulate everyone who has engaged in this election
> > process. It was for sure a very special one, in this special situation
> > which was also reflected by the number of candidates.
> >
> > Thanks to the election committee and the candidates!
> >
> > Nataliia and Christophe, I wish you a good hand in helping the WMF board
> > to steer through the current waters and whatever may come in the future.
> > Also on behalf of the AffCom I hope for a good collaboration.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > Manuel
> >
> > On 09.05.2016 16:11, Chris Keating wrote:
> >
> >> The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia
> Tymkiv.*
> >>
> >> A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia
> and
> >> Macau chapters - which is a record.
> >
> > --
> > Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> > www.wikimedia.ch

> - Andrew Gray
> andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Fyi

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Thank you everyone :)

Seeing the turnout and the discussions I do hope next "selections" will go
as well, it is just awesome to see that almost everyone voted!

I would also like to thank the FDC staff for publishing the APG assessment
today which is my before last day as chair of Wikimedia France and has me
taking my breakfast over figures to answer it :D

Lucky for me, WMF doesn't go through FDC... oh wait, now it does!

--
Christophe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations from Wikimedia Australia and our thanks to those who did
the organising. Its a great outcome with some wonderful and talented people
being put forward to the BoT. Lets makes this the start of a closer
cooperation between all of the affiliates to help everyone achieve the best
outcomes.

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congrats, you two! Yea, Christophe: you are just in time to catch a second
round of FDC deliberations.
Lucky for the WMF more than for you perhaps :) –SJ

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Christophe Henner <

Samuel Klein @metasj w:user:sj +1 617 529 4266
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia!

I am sure that you are going to help the work of the Board in a way that
will benefit the whole movement.

Best regards,
Kiril

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Hey

Congratulations to the winners! So happy to see that the board will profit from your insights. And yes: thanks to all those who helped make the process possible or made themselves available to be a candidate :)

Regards

Jan-Bart

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Christophe and Nataliia!! I am looking forward to
working with you two in the years ahead. There is much to do. I'm grateful
to have your experience help guide us forward.

Also, my sincere thanks to all the candidates who put themselves forward
for these seats.

Cheers, Katy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia!
Big responsibilities ahead, beyond opportunities. Wish you both a very
goodluck for this marvelous time.

Cheers,
Nabin
Wikimedians of Nepal

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia!

Hasive
WMBD

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Nabin Sapkota <nboycreationnepal@gmail.com
> [...]

> > > Leigh Thelmadatter (0.00)
> > >
> > > As you know the election was conducted under the Single Transferable
> > Vote,
> > > which meant that votes were redistributed between candidates to come up
> > > with the final result. In the 9th round of voting the final place,
> after
> > > Christophe was elected, was between Nataliia (16.09) and Siska (9.91).
> We
> > > will be putting the full count narrative on the Chapters Wiki so that
> > > others can verify it if they wish.
> > >
> > > We would like to congratulate Christophe and Nataliia and thank
> everyone
> > > who stood. It is the closest ASBS result for some time, and all
> > candidates
> > > brought very valuable perspectives to the work of the WMF.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa, Lane Rasberry

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
​
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations also from the Board, Nataliia and Christoph!
Thanks to the facilitators and all candidates for your commitment and for
sharing your thoughts about your new role with all of us in answering the
questions from the community.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at our Board meeting at Wikimania!

Alice.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Chris Keating <chriskeatingwiki@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>
> We are writing to let you know the result of the election for the 2
> Affiliate Selected Board Seats on the Wikimedia Foundation board.
>
> The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia Tymkiv.*
>
> A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia and
> Macau chapters - which is a record.
>
> The number of first preferences received by each candidate was as follows:
>
> Christophe Henner (9.00);
> Siska Doviana (6.75);
> Jan Ainali (5.50);
> Osmar Valdebenito (5.50);
> Nataliia Tymkiv (4.75);
> Susanna Mkrtchyan (3.25);
> Lodewijk Gelauff (2.50);
> Maarten Deneckere (1.50);
> Kunal Mehta(1.25);
> Leigh Thelmadatter (0.00)
>
> As you know the election was conducted under the Single Transferable Vote,
> which meant that votes were redistributed between candidates to come up
> with the final result. In the 9th round of voting the final place, after
> Christophe was elected, was between Nataliia (16.09) and Siska (9.91). We
> will be putting the full count narrative on the Chapters Wiki so that
> others can verify it if they wish.
>
> We would like to congratulate Christophe and Nataliia and thank everyone
> who stood. It is the closest ASBS result for some time, and all candidates
> brought very valuable perspectives to the work of the WMF.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa, Lane Rasberry
> Election Facilitators

Alice Wiegand
Board of Trustees
Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia!

Regards
Biplab Anand
Maithili Wikimedians

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Affiliate Selected Board Seats - Result [ In reply to ]
Congratulations for all candidates!

Thank you to our Election Facilitators team: Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa,
Lane Rasberry!

Good luck for Christophe and Nataliia

regards,

> Congratulations Christophe and Nataliia!
>
> Regards
> Biplab Anand
> Maithili Wikimedians
> On 11 May 2016 16:18, "Alice Wiegand" <awiegand@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations also from the Board, Nataliia and Christoph!
> > Thanks to the facilitators and all candidates for your commitment and for
> > sharing your thoughts about your new role with all of us in answering the
> > questions from the community.
> > We are looking forward to welcoming you at our Board meeting at
> Wikimania!
> >
> > Alice.
> >

> > On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Chris Keating <
> chriskeatingwiki@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Wikimedians,
> > >
> > > We are writing to let you know the result of the election for the 2
> > > Affiliate Selected Board Seats on the Wikimedia Foundation board.
> > >
> > > The successful candidates were *Christophe Henner* and *Nataliia
> Tymkiv.*
> > >
> > > A total of 40 chapters and thorgs voted - all except for the Macedonia
> > and
> > > Macau chapters - which is a record.
> > >
> > > The number of first preferences received by each candidate was as
> > follows:
> > >
> > > Christophe Henner (9.00);
> > > Siska Doviana (6.75);
> > > Jan Ainali (5.50);
> > > Osmar Valdebenito (5.50);
> > > Nataliia Tymkiv (4.75);
> > > Susanna Mkrtchyan (3.25);
> > > Lodewijk Gelauff (2.50);
> > > Maarten Deneckere (1.50);
> > > Kunal Mehta(1.25);
> > > Leigh Thelmadatter (0.00)
> > >
> > > As you know the election was conducted under the Single Transferable
> > Vote,
> > > which meant that votes were redistributed between candidates to come up
> > > with the final result. In the 9th round of voting the final place,
> after
> > > Christophe was elected, was between Nataliia (16.09) and Siska (9.91).
> We
> > > will be putting the full count narrative on the Chapters Wiki so that
> > > others can verify it if they wish.
> > >
> > > We would like to congratulate Christophe and Nataliia and thank
> everyone
> > > who stood. It is the closest ASBS result for some time, and all
> > candidates
> > > brought very valuable perspectives to the work of the WMF.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Chris Keating, Lorenzo Losa, Lane Rasberry
> > > Election Facilitators
> >

> > --
> > Alice Wiegand
> > Board of Trustees
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> > Support Free Knowledge: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Biyanto Rebin | Ketua Umum (*Chair*) 2016-2018
Wikimedia Indonesia
Nomor Ponsel: +62 8989 037379
Surel: biyanto.rebin@wikimedia.or.id
~~~~

Dukung upaya kami membebaskan pengetahuan:
http://wikimedia.or.id/wiki/Wikimedia_Indonesia:Donasi