Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees
Dear all,

As Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee, I am happy
to introduce the two newest members of our Board of Trustees: Kelly Battles
and Arnnon Geshuri.

Kelly and Arnnon bring deep expertise in strategy and financial oversight,
and diversity and organizational development, and a passionate commitment
to advancing Wikimedia’s vision for the world. You can learn more about
them in the blog post here:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/01/05/new-wikimedia-foundation-trustees/,
and their biographies have been added to the Board of Trustees page, here
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees.

Over the past several weeks, the Board considered many qualified candidates
from around the globe. We were looking for people with experience in
strategic and organizational development to help guide the Wikimedia
Foundation’s future. We were also looking for people with a sense of
empathy and cultural awareness, who would value and strengthen the unique
culture of our diverse, global movement.

We are excited to announce that with Kelly and Arnnon, we have found
exceptional new Trustees who have these qualities, as well as many more.
They were approved unanimously by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of
Trustees. Both terms are effective Jan 1, 2016 and will last for two years.
We look forward to working with them on the Board and toward our mission.

Please join me in welcoming them.

Dariusz
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Dariusz,

Are either of these trustees occupying the seat formerly occupied by James
Heilman?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
No, they replace Jan Bart and Stu, whose term ended as scheduled. Apologies
for not making it clear.

Dj

[Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Kelly and Arnon in joining the wikiverse at this crucial
time in our movement's existence. I hope their expertise - respectively in
Finance and HR - will be able to be put to good use!

However, I do have a concern about diversity...
Both of these appointees are white Americans from Iowa/Kansas with
top-pedigree Silicon Valley resumes.

I note that one of the other appointed WMF-board seats is currently also
occupied by Guy, also Silicon Valley, and one of the recently elected
community seats is occupied by Denny, who is a manager at Google. They all
live and work in the same field and within commuting distance to the WMF
office.

I've always believed that Wikimedia is an education charity that happens to
exist exists in a technology field. I often note in presentations that I
give that the Wikimedia vision statement does NOT use the words, Internet,
or Wiki, or Encyclopedia. But these appointments indicate the Board and WMF
Executive believe Wikimedia is a technology charity that happens to exists
in the education field.

These appointments will make a crucial difference to how the new WMF
strategic direction will go - and clearly the leadership is wanting to make
us act more like a Californian dot-com and less like a global education
charity. Less "community consensus building" and more "move fast and break
things" - is the message I am reading here.

Can the board please address how it accounts for the geographical
proximity and professional-background similarity between three of the four
Board-appointed seats? And, whether you would define the WMF as a "tech
organisation"?

- Liam / Wittylama

--
wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
I note we now have on the board:

* Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory Council"
* Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
* Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
Motorola business unit of Google
* Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
Platform
* Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at Google

Did I miss anyone?

The Foundation is also acquiring something of a Tesla connection.

Boryana Dineva, the Wikimedia Foundation VP of Human Resources, was
previously Head of HR Systems, HR Operations & Data Analytics at Tesla
Motors. Arnnon Geshuri currently serves as VP of Human Resources at Tesla.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Google are linked through Google's $900 million
investment in Musk's SpaceX,[1] and Google's $280 million investment in
Musk's SolarCity.[2]

The Wikimedia Foundation's top decision-making body is now run by
corporates, while James Heilman has been turfed out.

And it seems that Bill Beutler's crystal ball was in good working order
when he prophesied that Google would begin to play a bigger role in
Wikimedia development in 2016.[3]

I expect further developments will bear him out.

[1]
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/10/google-confirms-it-put-900m-into-spacexs-1b-round/
[2] http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/14/technology/google_solarcity/index.htm
[3] http://www.beutlerink.com/blog/ten-predictions-for-wikipedia-in-2016/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On 01/05/2016 08:01 PM, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
> I note we now have on the board:
>
> * Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory Council"
> * Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
> * Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
> Motorola business unit of Google
> * Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
> Platform
> * Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at Google
>
> Did I miss anyone?

I think you missed all the board members who have Google set as their
browser's default search engine instead of using DuckDuckGo[1].

But really, I think you should be paying attention to Facebook. We are
reliant upon HHVM to run MediaWiki, which is developed by them, as well
as Phabricator for bug tracking, which was originally developed by them.
Furthermore, our current hardware officer[2] is a Facebook employee.

[1] https://duckduckgo.com/
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hardware_Officer

-- Legoktm

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
This is all fascinating and concerning. Most concerning to me is the
presence on the board of someone actually on Google's payroll right now.
How can Denny not be fatally conflicted in all - or most - board
deliberations that involve broad strategy - especially but not only to do
with WikiData?

Anthony Cole
I'm on the board of Wiki Project Med Foundation.

Anthony Cole

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
I was amused to read the official announcement, which paints the two
new appointed white American trustees who "happen" to live and work
within an easy commute to the WMF offices in California, as a win for
diversity and internationalism.[1]

No, WMF, these were cosy personal network appointments that make the
WMF look like a typical "old boys club" with a focus on money, power,
growth and do nothing to gain community confidence that your board is
going to turn around its strategy into something meaningful and
effective for our open knowledge mission over the next two years.

In line with Anthony Cole's comment, the majority of the board should
declare a conflict and opt out of any vote that touches on Google,
Wikidata etc. but of course the on-going complacent group think will
apply.

1. http://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/01/05/new-wikimedia-foundation-trustees/

Fae

On 6 January 2016 at 07:52, Anthony Cole <ahcoleecu@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is all fascinating and concerning. Most concerning to me is the
> presence on the board of someone actually on Google's payroll right now.
> How can Denny not be fatally conflicted in all - or most - board
> deliberations that involve broad strategy - especially but not only to do
> with WikiData?
>
> Anthony Cole
> I'm on the board of Wiki Project Med Foundation.
>
> Anthony Cole
>

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipedia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 01/05/2016 08:01 PM, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
>> > I note we now have on the board:
>> >
>> > * Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory Council"
>> > * Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
>> > * Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
>> > Motorola business unit of Google
>> > * Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
>> > Platform
>> > * Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at
>> Google
>> >
>> > Did I miss anyone?
>>
>> I think you missed all the board members who have Google set as their
>> browser's default search engine instead of using DuckDuckGo[1].
>>
>> But really, I think you should be paying attention to Facebook. We are
>> reliant upon HHVM to run MediaWiki, which is developed by them, as well
>> as Phabricator for bug tracking, which was originally developed by them.
>> Furthermore, our current hardware officer[2] is a Facebook employee.
>>
>> [1] https://duckduckgo.com/
>> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hardware_Officer
>>
>> -- Legoktm

faewik@gmail.com https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae
Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Kelly and Arnnon!

-Hasive
WMBD

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Fæ <faewik@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was amused to read the official announcement, which paints the two
> new appointed white American trustees who "happen" to live and work
> within an easy commute to the WMF offices in California, as a win for
> diversity and internationalism.[1]
>
> No, WMF, these were cosy personal network appointments that make the
> WMF look like a typical "old boys club" with a focus on money, power,
> growth and do nothing to gain community confidence that your board is
> going to turn around its strategy into something meaningful and
> effective for our open knowledge mission over the next two years.
>
> In line with Anthony Cole's comment, the majority of the board should
> declare a conflict and opt out of any vote that touches on Google,
> Wikidata etc. but of course the on-going complacent group think will
> apply.
>
> 1. http://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/01/05/new-wikimedia-foundation-trustees/
>
> Fae
>
> On 6 January 2016 at 07:52, Anthony Cole <ahcoleecu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is all fascinating and concerning. Most concerning to me is the
> > presence on the board of someone actually on Google's payroll right now.
> > How can Denny not be fatally conflicted in all - or most - board
> > deliberations that involve broad strategy - especially but not only to do
> > with WikiData?
> >
> > Anthony Cole
> > I'm on the board of Wiki Project Med Foundation.
> >
> > Anthony Cole
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipedia@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> Council"
> >> Google

> >> I think you missed all the board members who have Google set as their
> >> browser's default search engine instead of using DuckDuckGo[1].
> >>
> >> But really, I think you should be paying attention to Facebook. We are
> >> reliant upon HHVM to run MediaWiki, which is developed by them, as well
> >> as Phabricator for bug tracking, which was originally developed by them.
> >> Furthermore, our current hardware officer[2] is a Facebook employee.
> >>
> >> [1] https://duckduckgo.com/
> >> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hardware_Officer
> >>
> >> -- Legoktm

> faewik@gmail.com https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae
> Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
​
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Dear Board,

I'm deeply grateful that the past, current and new members of the Board
have dedicated the 10 hours/week and more to our cause, and both as people
and Board functionaries I wish them the best and much success in their
lives.

However, the Board as an entity which has energetically lost the trust of
both its own staff and that of the broader community who cares about such
issues does, in my opinion, owe us all a better backstory for these latest
appointees. I would love to hear more about the humanist and visionary
bubbles left in their wake, for example a loving and vibrant workplace
environment crafted by Arnnon, a scheme to charge no tuition at the
Montessori school devised by Kelly... I do believe that these stories must
lay deeper beneath the surface of these two, who appear from their CVs to
be rich, likeable personalities with impeccable, traditional business
management skills. The Board owes it to Kelly and Arnnon, if no one else,
to set them up for success by sharing the mission-aligned personal history
which makes them desirable appointments to our unique organization.

Perhaps you could request new Board members to write a personal statment,
of their vision and the goals they intend to pursue during their time on
the Board.

Warmly,
Adam Wight
Fundraising Tech "the sheepdog" Lead
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Adamw

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]

> This is all fascinating and concerning. Most concerning to me is the
> presence on the board of someone actually on Google's payroll right now.
> How can Denny not be fatally conflicted in all - or most - board
> deliberations that involve broad strategy - especially but not only to do
> with WikiData?

Are you suggesting the removal of another communitee selected board member ?
Just checking :)

> Anthony Cole
> I'm on the board of Wiki Project Med Foundation.
>
> Anthony Cole
>

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipedia@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 01/05/2016 08:01 PM, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
> > > I note we now have on the board:
> > >
> > > * Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory
> Council"
> > > * Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
> > > * Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
> > > Motorola business unit of Google
> > > * Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
> > > Platform
> > > * Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at
> > Google
> > >
> > > Did I miss anyone?
> >
> > I think you missed all the board members who have Google set as their
> > browser's default search engine instead of using DuckDuckGo[1].
> >
> > But really, I think you should be paying attention to Facebook. We are
> > reliant upon HHVM to run MediaWiki, which is developed by them, as well
> > as Phabricator for bug tracking, which was originally developed by them.
> > Furthermore, our current hardware officer[2] is a Facebook employee.
> >
> > [1] https://duckduckgo.com/
> > [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hardware_Officer
> >
> > -- Legoktm

Pierre-Selim
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Congratulations from me as well to both Kelly and Arnnon. I wonder if
they'll take the plunge and subscribe here? =)

But without in any way questioning their good faith, dedication and fitness
for the job (and it is good to see another female appointed), I have to say
that I also feel this is a missed opportunity for the WMF. It is not like
the "white American with a background in the tech sector" is a particularly
under-represented group in our movement. I believe it will be difficult
for the WMF to realise it's ambitious goals in operating in developing
countries with its current mix of trustees, most of whom are either from
continental Europe or the United States.

Cheers,
Craig

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Pierre-Selim asked: "Are you suggesting the removal of another communitee
selected board member?"

I'm sure Denny would make a fine adviser. But having a voting board member
who is paid by Google, who in turn is almost the (and would like to be the)
monopoly commercial vendor of knowledge to the world, strikes me as wrong.
That's much too close an embrace.

Anthony Cole

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Dear Anthony,

The community elected Denny knowing that he worked at Google
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/Board_elections/2015/Candidates#Denny_Vrande.C4.8Di.C4.87_.28Denny.29>
.

If this was an additional conflict of interest taken on after his election
then things might be different, but this looks to me something better
resolved by declaring the interest and recusing from relevant votes and
discussions.

I'm not entirely happy with the current board and especially the loss of
Doc James. Unless I've missed it neither the GLAM nor Medical sectors now
have an advocate on the board, but removing an elected board member for a
conflict of interest that was declared in his election statement would not
make sense to me.

There is a wider issue that we also have people who have previously been
connected to various other organisations whose strategies might impinge on
ours. Do we or should we have some sort of break requirement such
as requiring directors to recuse from decisions involving recent former
employers?

~~~~

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Congrats friends. I hope you will do a lot of good works for the Wikimedia
movement. :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
On 6 January 2016 at 02:09, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've always believed that Wikimedia is an education charity that happens to
> exist exists in a technology field. I often note in presentations that I
> give that the Wikimedia vision statement does NOT use the words, Internet,
> or Wiki, or Encyclopedia. But these appointments indicate the Board and WMF
> Executive believe Wikimedia is a technology charity that happens to exists
> in the education field.
>
> These appointments will make a crucial difference to how the new WMF
> strategic direction will go - and clearly the leadership is wanting to make
> us act more like a Californian dot-com and less like a global education
> charity. Less "community consensus building" and more "move fast and break
> things" - is the message I am reading here.

I would like to very much second Liam's concerns here. This feels like
we're drifting further into the bubble of SF technology companies, and
frankly the world needs less of that not more. I think it's valuable
that we have some board members with experience from outside the
Wikimedia bubble - but also very important that we try to avoid too
large a proportion of the board coming from within the SF technology
bubble. This feels like a step sideways in that regard, and it's
unsettling.

(I also agree with his concerns about diversity, but we're not always
great at solving that through the elected seats either, to be fair...)

--
- Andrew Gray
andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
On 6 January 2016 at 07:52, Anthony Cole <ahcoleecu@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is all fascinating and concerning. Most concerning to me is the
> presence on the board of someone actually on Google's payroll right now.
> How can Denny not be fatally conflicted in all - or most - board
> deliberations that involve broad strategy - especially but not only to do
> with WikiData?

Given Denny's long history with Wikimedia and his role in Wikidata, I
would be more concerned about influence working the other way around
;-)

--
- Andrew Gray
andrew.gray@dunelm.org.uk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Is Denny recusing from all discussions and decisions that might affect
Google, broadly construed, including decisions involving WikiData?

I'm glad to see two people with Kelly's and Arnnon's expertise on the
board.

Anthony Cole

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
> I note we now have on the board:
>
> * Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory Council"
> * Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
> * Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
> Motorola business unit of Google
> * Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
> Platform
> * Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at Google
>
> Did I miss anyone?

You missed the fact that San Francisco is in California.

The main point is what Liam said, i.e. the lack of geographical and
professional diversity of the board, the rest is much more probably a
small-world effect[1].

Suggesting a "conspirationist" explanation to this situation is going
driving attention away from solving the actual problem.

Cristian
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-world_experiment

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Liam Wyatt wrote:
>I've always believed that Wikimedia is an education charity that happens
>to exist exists in a technology field. I often note in presentations that
>I give that the Wikimedia vision statement does NOT use the words,
>Internet, or Wiki, or Encyclopedia. But these appointments indicate the
>Board and WMF Executive believe Wikimedia is a technology charity that
>happens to exists in the education field.

This is sort of nitpicky, but there's a somewhat important distinction
between Wikimedia and the Wikimedia Foundation, though the two are
obviously heavily related. Wikimedia is a global movement dedicated to
creating free educational content and bringing it to the world. The San
Francisco-based Wikimedia Foundation is a large player currently in this
movement, mostly due to how fund-raising operates on Wikimedia wikis.

You and I both know this, of course, but we should try to be precise, even
if the naming is abominable. :-)

>These appointments will make a crucial difference to how the new WMF
>strategic direction will go - and clearly the leadership is wanting to
>make us act more like a Californian dot-com and less like a global
>education charity. Less "community consensus building" and more "move
>fast and break things" - is the message I am reading here.

The counter-argument: the numeric reality is that a sizable portion of
Wikimedia Foundation staff is (and has always been) technology-related. If
the Wikimedia Foundation continues to have, as Sue's "narrowed focus" put
it, two primary focuses, engineering and grant-making, I think you'd
expect/hope that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees would be
experienced and competent in technology and financial administration.

All that said, I don't really disagree with most of your e-mail. The
diversity issue is one to always be mindful of. Your main point about what
the Wikimedia Foundation is (technology organization in education or
education organization in technology) is reasonable. There's
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Guiding_Principles>,
but I think we're still looking at the larger issue identified in the
"Something" thread: the vision for what the Wikimedia Foundation is going
to do not in 100 years, but in the next 5 to 10 years, is missing.

The other issue that I see, interwoven with the missing vision, is that
the Wikimedia Foundation has ballooned in size and is an incredible
outlier within the Wikimedia movement. It's time to consider bolstering
the other Wikimedia chapters instead of continuing to create one
super-chapter that's unreasonably and unmanageably large. It's time to
treat the Wikimedia Foundation as we would Wikimedia California or
Wikimedia United States and hold the Wikimedia Foundation to the same
standards as we hold Wikimedia DC, Wikimedia DE, and all the others to.

MZMcBride

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
> As Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee, I am happy
> to introduce the two newest members of our Board of Trustees: Kelly Battles
> and Arnnon Geshuri.

I realize that my previous email was not the best welcome.

Welcome Kelly and Arnnon to the vibrant (very very very vibrant,
probably beyond the "flammable" line) Wikimedia world.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
Kelly Battles and Arnnon Geshuri are Volunteers?

I am not able to find the volunteer account of both.

With best regards,
Steinsplitter

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
On 06/01/2016 16:02, Steinsplitter Wiki wrote:

> Kelly Battles and Arnnon Geshuri are Volunteers?
>
> I am not able to find the volunteer account of both.

Since when is (attempted) outing okay because the people involved are
trustees?

KTC

--
Katie Chan
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the

- Heinrich Heine

---

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
I asked if and Arnnon Geshuri are Volunteers. Because there is nothing in the bio like "editor since 2011" for example.

Maybe both have disclosed his volunteer account, i don't know. Therefore i ask.

Calling a simple question "attempted outing" is ridiculous.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Announcing new Wikimedia Foundation Trustees [ In reply to ]
On 6 January 2016 at 16:02, Steinsplitter Wiki
<steinsplitter-wiki@live.com> wrote:

> Kelly Battles and Arnnon Geshuri are Volunteers?

Unless we''ve started paying WMF board members, then of course they are.

> I am not able to find the volunteer account of both

Not every volunteer who contributes to our mission has an account; nor
are they required to.

Some edit anonymously (i.e. without logging in), and some help to run
events, or contribute in other ways, but don't edit.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing