Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter Announcements:Executive Committee for 2014-15 takes charge
Dear Wikimedia India Chapter members and other interested stakeholders in
the list,

Dear members,

At the outset, on behalf of Wikimedia India Executive Committee for
2013-14, I would like to thank you all for the support for the Chapter
during the past year, as we strive hard to complete the difficult phase of
the Chapter. I am glad to report that the huddle phase is now complete, as
the Chapter is financially healthy, staffed and has conducted AGM and
Elections for EC of six vacancies successfully. I would like to place on
record my thanks to all co-founders and EC team members,volunteers from
members and community, , WMF staff,WMF board members and partners and
consultants for all the contributions and support towards reaching this
important milestone.

Last weekend we had inducted the newly elected EC members with an EC
induction program at Bangalore. As part of it, we have completed the office
bearer elections for the 2014-15. I would like to introduce the new team
that has taken charge.

The results of the office bearer elections are as follows:

- Dr. Abhiraj Suryawanshi : President
- Jayanta Nath : Secretary
- Sanket Oswal : Treasurer
- Priyanka Tiwari : Member
- Yohann Varun Thomas : Member
- Dr. Ekbal Bappukunju : Member
- Nikhil Kawale : Member

We are confident that under the new EC's leadership Wikimedia Movement and
Chapter in India will grow to greater heights in the year to come. We
request you all to extend the support and actively engage with Wikimedia
India to achieve the vision of sharing free knowledge with every one for
building a Knowledge Society.

Please join me in wishing the new team all success.
Cheers
Jayanta Nath
Secretary,Wikimedia India
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter Announcements:Executive Committee for 2014-15 takes charge [ In reply to ]
Really glad to read of this accomplishment, and from my heart I wish you
a most successful further work, and growth, in the India chapter
Anders

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter Announcements:Executive Committee for 2014-15 takes charge [ In reply to ]
Thank you for sharing the news. Congratulations and wishing the Indian
Chapter and community all the best for this year and many years ahead.

Sydney Poore

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence
at Cochrane Collaboration

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter Announcements:Executive Committee for 2014-15 takes charge [ In reply to ]
Congratulations! How many members and active members does the chapter have
currently?

Rupert