Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group
Dear all,

The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
knowledge, especially in Ireland.

Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)

Carlos

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_December2014
2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
On 9 December 2014 at 21:39, Carlos M. Colina <maorx@wikimedia.org.ve> wrote:

> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia Community
> Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty busy doing
> activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and are interested in
> the growth and distribution of open and multilingual knowledge, especially
> in Ireland.

Excellent; happy to help in any way I can, and to meet some of the
group when Ivisit Dublin in the coming year.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Sweet.

Carlos M. Colina, 09/12/2014 22:39:

> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland

Which mentions Gaeilge, but not the geography. Is Northern Ireland
included, or is geography irrelevant for the group? :)

Nemo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulations!

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Carlos M. Colina <maorx@wikimedia.org.ve>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia Community
> Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty busy doing
> activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and are interested
> in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual knowledge,
> especially in Ireland.
>
> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_
> December2014
> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve
> <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Addis
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Irish wikimedians and welcome on board. Regards from
Spain.

El 2014-12-09 22:39, Carlos M. Colina escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
> Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
> busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
> are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
> knowledge, especially in Ireland.
>
> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>
> Carlos
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_December2014
> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulations! We at WMF look forward to assisting you in any
programmatic work you are planning.

A.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Santi Navarro <
santiagonavarro@wikimedia.org.es> wrote:

> Congratulations to Irish wikimedians and welcome on board. Regards from
> Spain.
>
> El 2014-12-09 22:39, Carlos M. Colina escribió:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
>> Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
>> busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
>> are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
>> knowledge, especially in Ireland.
>>
>> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>>
>> Carlos
>>

>> 1:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
>> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_
>> December2014
>> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
>>

> --
> Santiago Navarro Sanz
> Wikimedia España
> http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
*Éirinn go Brách*

*and Thank You!*

Emily Blanchard
Talent Acquisition Team
Wikimedia Foundation
eblanchard@wikimedia. <eblanchard@gmail.com>org
Follow us on Twitter @wikimediaatwork
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
Become a Contributor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Teahouse
Join Us: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Work_with_us
Developers Join the Fun: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Communication

*Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share inthe
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulation!

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Allan Aguilar <ralgis@vmail.me> wrote:

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive | নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী হাছিব*
​
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operation Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
​
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulations from your friends at WMUK!

Michael

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to Wikimedia Community Ireland!

Regards,
Tanweer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Michael Maggs <michael@maggs.name> wrote:

> Congratulations from your friends at WMUK!
>
> Michael

Regards -
Tanweer Morshed