Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director
Hello everybody,

It's with great pleasure that I announce Giuliana Mancini as the new
Executive Director of Wikimedia Italia.

It took us over 6 months to select her within a pool of 450 candidates: it
has been an incredibly hard work, and tough decisions were made.
I'd like to acknowledge that one of the most active members of the
selective committee was Alessio Guidetti aka Cotton, who recendly passed:
it saddens us to know that he won't have the chance to see her working with
us.

But this is a moment of joy, because the Wikimedia family just got a new
member.
Giuliana will help us become a more mature and structured association: her
deep experience and competence will be used to for make Wikimedia Italia
scale and increase its impact in the world of free and open knowledge.

Before being appointed Executive Director at Wikimedia Italia, in the last
12 years, she has covered several roles of increasing commitment in the
field of arts and culture. She spent 9 years in a grant making foundation
where she supervised the activities of a cello academy and the concerts of
an ensemble of classical musicians, assisting the board in setting
strategies and coordinating the comprehensive management.
She participated in the board of a company in the field of Fine Arts with a
mandate for promotion of a multimedia exhibition, creating strategic
relationship with Italian and foreigner museums.
She drafted several feasibility studies and business plans for theatres and
other cultural institutions as well as for start up companies.
She can speak English fluently and has a good understanding of Spanish and
French, and she graduated in Economics and in Law (her second degree was
completed while working).

She was officially introduced to the Wikimedia Italia assembly this
Saturday, and this is her second week of work.

Please welcome her in our incredible Wikimedia movement.

Best regards,

Andrea Zanni

--
Presidente
Wikimedia Italia
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Good luck Giuliana, and good luck WMIT with your next step in the
professionalization process.

I defiantly know that WMIL, but I'm sure that the others chapters as well,
will be happy to give advises, information and help her with the first
steps in our movement. Feel free to contact us.

*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Auguri! Congratulations WMIT and Giuliana. This is a very important step
in the history of WMIT, so best luck.

Regards from WMES.

Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España
http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Welcome Giuliana, and good luck from Wikimedia UK!

Stevie

On 2 December 2014 at 09:08, Santi Navarro <santiagonavarro@wikimedia.org.es
> [...]

>>> strategies and coordinating the comprehensive management.
>>> She participated in the board of a company in the field of Fine Arts
>>> with a
>>> mandate for promotion of a multimedia exhibition, creating strategic
>>> relationship with Italian and foreigner museums.
>>> She drafted several feasibility studies and business plans for theatres
>>> and
>>> other cultural institutions as well as for start up companies.
>>> She can speak English fluently and has a good understanding of Spanish
>>> and
>>> French, and she graduated in Economics and in Law (her second degree was
>>> completed while working).
>>>
>>> She was officially introduced to the Wikimedia Italia assembly this
>>> Saturday, and this is her second week of work.
>>>
>>> Please welcome her in our incredible Wikimedia movement.

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Welcome Giuliana! Best luck on behalf of Amical Wikimedia

Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
Cultural Programme Manager
Amical Wikimedia
www.wikimedia.cat
@kippelboy
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Congratulations WMIT and Giuliana!

All the best from WMRS.

*Ivan Nikčević*
Executive Director
Wikimedia Serbia - rs.wikimedia.org -
+381 60 7454 772

*Imagine <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Imagine> a world
<http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/World> in which every single person on the
planet is given free <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Free> access to the sum
of all <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/All> human
<http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Human> knowledge
<http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Knowledge>. That's what we're doing.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Ciao Giuliana, great to have you on board! Tanti auguri, Jan

> [...]
> > strategies and coordinating the comprehensive management.
> > She participated in the board of a company in the field of Fine Arts
> with a
> > mandate for promotion of a multimedia exhibition, creating strategic
> > relationship with Italian and foreigner museums.
> > She drafted several feasibility studies and business plans for theatres
> and
> > other cultural institutions as well as for start up companies.
> > She can speak English fluently and has a good understanding of Spanish
> and
> > French, and she graduated in Economics and in Law (her second degree was
> > completed while working).
> >
> > She was officially introduced to the Wikimedia Italia assembly this
> > Saturday, and this is her second week of work.
> >
> > Please welcome her in our incredible Wikimedia movement.

Jan Engelmann
Geschäftsführender Vorstand / Executive Director
-------------------------------------
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin

Telefon 030 - 219 158 26-0
www.wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

**** Helfen Sie mit, dass WIKIPEDIA von der UNESCO als erstes digitales
Weltkulturerbe anerkannt wird. Unterzeichnen Sie die Online-Petition!
http://wikipedia.de ****

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Giuliana Mancini, welcome to the Wikimedia movement. :-)

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Member of FDC

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence
at Cochrane Collaboration

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
On behalf of Wikimedia France, welcome to the mad house Giuliana :)

We're a crazy but lovely bunch, and we enjoy lame puns.

Best,

--
Christophe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Giuliana! I look forward to working together.

Warmly,
Katy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Welcome Giuliana. Congratulations Wikimedia Italia!

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Congratulations to WMIT! And it is heartwarming to learn of this final act
of service by our late friend and colleague Alessio.

Tanti auguri!

A.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Andrea Zanni <andrea.zanni@wikimedia.it>
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> It's with great pleasure that I announce Giuliana Mancini as the new
> Executive Director of Wikimedia Italia.
>
> It took us over 6 months to select her within a pool of 450 candidates: it
> has been an incredibly hard work, and tough decisions were made.
> I'd like to acknowledge that one of the most active members of the
> selective committee was Alessio Guidetti aka Cotton, who recendly passed:
> it saddens us to know that he won't have the chance to see her working with
> us.
>
> But this is a moment of joy, because the Wikimedia family just got a new
> member.
> Giuliana will help us become a more mature and structured association: her
> deep experience and competence will be used to for make Wikimedia Italia
> scale and increase its impact in the world of free and open knowledge.
>
> Before being appointed Executive Director at Wikimedia Italia, in the last
> 12 years, she has covered several roles of increasing commitment in the
> field of arts and culture. She spent 9 years in a grant making foundation
> where she supervised the activities of a cello academy and the concerts of
> an ensemble of classical musicians, assisting the board in setting
> strategies and coordinating the comprehensive management.
> She participated in the board of a company in the field of Fine Arts with a
> mandate for promotion of a multimedia exhibition, creating strategic
> relationship with Italian and foreigner museums.
> She drafted several feasibility studies and business plans for theatres and
> other cultural institutions as well as for start up companies.
> She can speak English fluently and has a good understanding of Spanish and
> French, and she graduated in Economics and in Law (her second degree was
> completed while working).
>
> She was officially introduced to the Wikimedia Italia assembly this
> Saturday, and this is her second week of work.
>
> Please welcome her in our incredible Wikimedia movement.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andrea Zanni
>
> --
> Presidente
> Wikimedia Italia

Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Welcome Giuliana. WMMX desires you a lot of success in this new
appointment.

Congrats to WMIT! Extra point for you for getting a ED with understanding
of Spanish :P

Auguri!

*Salvador Alcántar*
*@salvador_alc*
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Salvador A <salvador1983@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > She can speak English fluently and has a good understanding of Spanish
> > and
> > > French, and she graduated in Economics and in Law (her second degree
> was
> > > completed while working).
> > >
> > > She was officially introduced to the Wikimedia Italia assembly this
> > > Saturday, and this is her second week of work.
> > >
> > > Please welcome her in our incredible Wikimedia movement.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Andrea Zanni
> > >
> > > --
> > > Presidente
> > > Wikimedia Italia
> >

> > --
> > Asaf Bartov
> > Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
> >
> > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Moderator, Social Media Interaction | The Daily Prothom-Alo
<http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge <http://www.okfn.org>
Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
Author & Translator | Global Voice
<http://bn.globalvoicesonline.org/author/hasive>
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Hello everybody,
I am very glad to be part of Wikimedia world. I would like to thank you
all for your warm welcome and for your availability. I will be delighted
to get to know you and work with you.

Ciao a tutti,

Giuliana

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Italia Executive Director [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Giuliana!

Tanweer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

Regards -