Mailing List Archive

Re: [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?]

> -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Do WMF
> want enwp.org? Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:58:37 -0500 From: aude
> <aude.wiki@gmail.com> <aude.wiki@gmail.com> Reply-To: Wikimedia
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Thomas Wang <tl-lomas@hotmail.com> <tl-lomas@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi!
> >
> > If WMF want enwp.org I will gladly hand it over.
> >

> Thank you for running this service! I use it all the time for including
> wikipedia links in Twitter.
>
> It would be nice if it was officially supported by WMF or you were given
> resources necessary to maintain the service.

Hi, Thomas!

Really appreciate the offer! We've been talking about this for a few months
now; it's a great tool used by a lot of us here. We'll talk to a few folks
from the tech team and see how they can help.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Moka

> Cheers,
> Katie (@aude)
>

> > -Thomas

Moka

Moka Pantages
415.839.6885 x 635
@moka
Re: [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?] [ In reply to ]
I preffer wp.org (if is possible) to make internationalization easier. So to
en.wiki would be "en.wp.org", de.wiki "de.wp.org" and etc.
_____
*Béria Lima (Beh)
*

Re: [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?] [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Béria Lima <berialima@gmail.com> wrote:
> I preffer wp.org (if is possible) to make internationalization easier. So to
> en.wiki would be "en.wp.org", de.wiki "de.wp.org" and etc.

That would be a good thing to have, yes. However, what already exists
and, what is owned by Thomas, is enwp.org. :-) Thomas is just
offering something that's already being used actively so that the
Foundation can ensure it's up for a long time.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

Re: [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?] [ In reply to ]
+1 Thanks, Thomas :)

2011/2/16 Casey Brown <lists@caseybrown.org>

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Béria Lima <berialima@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I preffer wp.org (if is possible) to make internationalization easier.
> So to
> > en.wiki would be "en.wp.org", de.wiki "de.wp.org" and etc.
>
> That would be a good thing to have, yes. However, what already exists
> and, what is owned by Thomas, is enwp.org. :-) Thomas is just
> offering something that's already being used actively so that the
> Foundation can ensure it's up for a long time.
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

+ Lucien
Re: [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?] [ In reply to ]
On 16/02/11 23:06, Moka Pantages wrote:

>>> If WMF want enwp.org I will gladly hand it over.
>>
>> Thank you for running this service! I use it all the time for including
>> wikipedia links in Twitter.
>>
>> It would be nice if it was officially supported by WMF or you were given
>> resources necessary to maintain the service.
>
> Really appreciate the offer! We've been talking about this for a few months
> now; it's a great tool used by a lot of us here. We'll talk to a few folks
> from the tech team and see how they can help.

Just for info, Wikimedia CH registered frwp.org a few months ago, and we
provide redirects to the corresponding fr.wikipedia.org articles. I am
happy that WM CH can help by providing this tiny but useful service, but
it could also fit within a global shortcut tool for all languages,
managed by the WMF tech team.

Frédéric