continue to use the same method for the list archives, as it allows us
to talk about confidential (mostly personal) issues. Previous emails
will stay as they are, according to the old rules.

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
just for the record, old ways and old rules refer to the fact they get
published on meta, right?

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
It does indeed. Our archives can be found here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Language_committee_archives
I realize that there is no link to the archives from the main Langcom page
([[m:Language committee]]), and will try and fix this when I get home later
today.

2010/9/16 Lodewijk <lodewijk@effeietsanders.org>

> just for the record, old ways and old rules refer to the fact they get
> published on meta, right?
>
> 2010/9/16 Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com>
>
> > As Karen fixed her anonymity issue, archives of the Language committee
> > will be public by default starting from September 12th, 2010. We will
> > continue to use the same method for the list archives, as it allows us
> > to talk about confidential (mostly personal) issues. Previous emails
> > will stay as they are, according to the old rules.

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by
Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
May one ask why private personal stuff is even being discussed on this list?

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
On 16 September 2010 12:09, K. Peachey <p858snake@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> May one ask why private personal stuff is even being discussed on this list?

This was discussed on foundation-l in August, check the archive.
(Subject line: "Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles")

- d.

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
Thank you to everybody who had a part in bringing about this increased
transparency. It is a breath of fresh air for me and hopefully for
everybody else who follows language-related developments on Wikimedia.

-m.

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Karen fixed her anonymity issue, archives of the Language committee
> will be public by default starting from September 12th, 2010. We will
> continue to use the same method for the list archives, as it allows us
> to talk about confidential (mostly personal) issues. Previous emails
> will stay as they are, according to the old rules.

Thanks a lot Milos. And thanks to the language committee for taking the
actions towards more transparency.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia
Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
An'n 16.09.2010 06:08, hett Milos Rancic schreven:
> As Karen fixed her anonymity issue, archives of the Language committee
> will be public by default starting from September 12th, 2010. We will
> continue to use the same method for the list archives, as it allows us
> to talk about confidential (mostly personal) issues. Previous emails
> will stay as they are, according to the old rules.
Thanks for this change from me too! Thumbs up!

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox

Re: [Language committee] Transparency [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:46, Lodewijk <lodewijk@effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> just for the record, old ways and old rules refer to the fact they get
> published on meta, right?

Both ways assume archiving on Meta. "Old rules" assume censoring of
previous Karen's and Gerard's emails.