Mailing List Archive

VPNC + RSA-Securid
Hi,

I’m trying to connect to a Cisco VPN with RSA-Securid authentication using vpnc
without luck.
If I use:
IKE Authmode psk :: I get a “wrong authentication message”.
IKE Authmode hybrid :: no reponse from server

It seems that my token is not being used for the authenthication, since I don’t
have done any reference to it inside my configuration file.

BEGIN: token.conf
=================
## generated by pcf2vpnc
IPSec ID zzzzzz
IPSec gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IPSec secret yyyyyy

Xauth username xxxxxx
IKE Authmode hybrid
Interface name my-tap
Interface mode tap
Local Port 0
#Debug 99
#IKE Authmode psk

===========
END

I’m using vpn version (vpnc-0.5.1) with this patch applied:
http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/2005-December/000807.html

Does VPNC support RSA-Securid authentication ? If so, how should I configure my
connection ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

Nicolás
nch@montevideo.com.uy

Re: VPNC + RSA-Securid [ In reply to ]
I use vpnc to access a Cisco VPN w/RSA-SecurID quite often.

Here are the values I use:
IKE Authmode psk
Interface mode tun
NAT Traversal Mode cisco-udp