Mailing List Archive

Re: Newbie: How do I install Varnish?
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Kunmi Sheba Foods <kunmi@shebafoods.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Can someone please share answers to my questions:
>
> 1. I am using regular linux and downloaded Varnish Cache
> 3.0.2 varnish-3.0.2.tar
> where do I put the files?
>
> 2. I read here
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/installation/install.html#source-or-packages to
> run commands, but don't know where am to be to run the backups.
> - should I be in one of the folders in the tar file above to run the
> commands?
>
> 3. What messages should I see to confirm that Varnish is properly
> installed?
>
> 4. Please share any other pertinent information.
>
> If you are in the U.S. and can call to walk me through the steps. Please
> call me on 770.982.1000.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Kunmi

Rookie admins... damn...

1. Please specify as "I am using linux centos 5.8.6, perl version 5.8.8,
Kernel version 2.6.18."

2. Read https://www.varnish-cache.org/installation/redhat

3. Learn yum http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/yum/

4. Google is your friend. Do not expect spoon feeding from the group.